School secretly spying on students via webcams!

I just happened to come across this article and it simply amazes me. Apparently at this school each student was given a laptop to use which came with a web cam. Now the computers had software within them that allowed the schools admins to remotely turn on these web cams to spy on students at school and HOME :eek:

This came to light when one of the school officers noticed inappropriate behavior at one of the students home and used photo's taken from the web cam to prove it. How freaking dumb can this school be? They are now involved in a class action law suit. This is seriously messed up.

Thoughts?

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/02/1..._campaign=Feed:+boingboing/iBag+(Boing+Boing)

Yeah, I saw that over at SlashDot. I hope that school district gets f**ked.

Be sure to read the press release from the school board.

Wow, can't wait to see a lawsuit...
(hmmm maybe a underage unlicensed lawyer along with that?)

any way that is just WRONG. in the end i hope that all the students that were spied on get justice and that the admins that were doing the spying get what they have coming to them.

Talk about a major invasion of privacy! Somebody royally f***ed up in their thought process unless they knew exactly what they were planning to do by spying on students. Not cool at all. This is one more reason to place a piece of tape over the webcam if I'm ever borrowing a laptop or something (and mute the mic)

Its also illegal wiretapping.

I find it pathetic when schools want to discipline students for what they do out of school being against their beliefs, but not illegal or anything.

I used to go to catholic school so I saw quite a good bit of it.

Back
Top Bottom