Making a computer.

Nevermind, I am going to make the CPU.
Add a more to the "Crapload of"

I am currently Trying to look for a starter design. I like Apple 1 Starter kits, but I am stuck at building from scratch, no kits to help. So unless I get a design, I am going to have a hard time doing the whole thing.
Wires are being bought. Soldering Iron is being bought too, because my old one is...wrecked.

Okay, good idea. I was thinking of 8-bit first, but 4-bit is good too.

Thanks for the link, too.

If you were to build an 8-bit CPU, it'd be a massive project. (see BMOW that I linked earlier

I would start with something more simple, then work your way up.

Sure thingthe 4-bit looks simple. Just a few Gates, wires, capacitors and resistors.

However, I dont simply know enough on how to connect the CPU to the rest (RAM, CD Drive, etc). I need a course on this.

Now, I hear all of you sighing and slapping your heads saying "He doesnt know anything, dammit" XD

Im sorry I got no work done, guys. I am working more on the software side, and plus, I cant drive yet, so remove the "Going out to buy supplies" thing.

Well, everyone has to start somewhere. You have the right idea in mind. Just not the know-how or experience. You don't have to be a 40 year genius to pull this off, you just need third party input or guidance. Applause to you for going at it, though. I'm too lazy xD and I'm much more satisfied with dropping 2 G's on a rig.

Ah. Thank you very much :D And I respect lazieness to the highest extent. I should know XD

Okay, new battle plan. Instead of going straight to a large, coulor, smart, etc., PC, I will begin with a very, very simple wiring process. It will have a tiny screen, will only run basic, and will be entirely handmade. Either that, or its the ARM CPU and RISC OS. Any thoughts?

Thoughts= 0. Okay then :D
I finally can go and have the ability to buy all the solder and wiring I need. I also heard of something called pickaxe, a microcontroller. It probably wont be good enough to run an OS, even a tiny one, but is a great robot CPU.

Only 2 months and its money spending time!

Back
Top Bottom