Need new SSD now :)

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
So im helping my friend get a new SSD. He wants something, from a website that can deliver to Canada, so if anyone can link anything good I would appreciate it. (Does newegg deliver to Canada?)

From what I hear Intel G2 is the way to go for now. Do the 80GB version support trim function? or is the 160GB the only one that does?

What exactly is trim function do to your SSD? and how important is it yo have?

The 80gb version on newegg is like $200 the 160gb is about $450 is spending $250 extra worth the trim? I think he will be satisfied with 80gb capacity, so space is not that important as performance.

Thanks you.

Thanks for the info guys. I dont think he is interested in raid, and from what I read all that raid-0 will mostly do is increase the read write speeds when you transfer large files for example, but loading time for like games a single SSD will be better. I'm thinking of going with a single 160gb version for my self soon, but will wait a bit because some newer better/baster models are to be release soon.

IDK about SSDs but RAID0 made everything significantly faster for me.

As long as I can remember I always had a raid-0 myself, but after taking to a lots of people at hardforums regarding this subject lots of them think a singe 160gb is the way to go, I will be doing more research on that when it comes time. The main negative effect for raid 0 as far as now I don't think TRIM function works in raid.

Back
Top Bottom