Need a gaming keyboard

Why not just settle for QWERTY? Standard gaming keys a WASD, which is why most "gaming keyboards" are QWERTY.

If you're sticking with QWERTY, Saitek makes a nice one in the Cyborg series. Very nice design and features. Rohan says the key quality was very nice.

Double on the Saitek.

That, and the ever trusty IBM Model M2. It's never failed me yet :D

It's not lit up. >_>

Edit: Also the M2 uses clicky switches, the one on this keyboard are linear.

It's not lit up. >_>

Edit: Also the M2 uses clicky switches, the one on this keyboard are linear.

Huh, could have swore it said it was backlit.

Clicky? All I know is that it has an actual mechanical switch for each key, and types great. Not to mention it's pretty much indestructible. The ultimate LAN party keyboard in my opinion :D

Both keyboards are mechanical. However, there are many different mechanical switches out there. Some being clicky, like the M2's and Cherry MX Blue switches. Cherry Black switches are mechanical too, but they don't click when you press them. More oriented for gaming and such, where clicky switches are better for typing.

Edit: The M2 uses a buckling spring. There's a spring that sits on top of a hammer mechanism that strikes a switch.

Both keyboards are mechanical. However, there are many different mechanical switches out there. Some being clicky, like the M2's and Cherry MX Blue switches. Cherry Black switches are mechanical too, but they don't click when you press them. More oriented for gaming and such, where clicky switches are better for typing.

Edit: The M2 uses a buckling spring. There's a spring that sits on top of a hammer mechanism that strikes a switch.

I knew how the M2's worked, I just didn't know that they used anything different in keyboards. :eek:

Anyhow, I'm not really helping the thread much other than being an M2 fanboy, so I'm gonna leave :p

Yeah, there's different switches out there. But yeah, we kinda took the thread through a detour.

http://www.steelseries.com/us/products/keyboards

They produce very good quality gaming tools, such as keyboards, mouse, mouse pads...etc check it out.

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryID.35156900

Im sure you heard of razer products. I have a Razer Tarantula Gaming Keyboard from them, a solid tool.

Cheers.

I just realized that you asked for a "Dvorak". I had no idea what it was until i looked it up. With the razer Tarantula Gaming Keyboard you can pop out the keys with this nice tool that they provide with the keyboard and simply rearrange the keys.

Cheers

I would very much prefer a Dvorak still, and I do look at the keys sometimes (yeah i know... bad habit)

My friend has the steelseries keyboard. It was like $160, and I HATED it.

The most mushy keyboard I have ever used.

Back
Top Bottom