Formatting Stock Hard Drive

Rocky3789

Baseband Member
Ok so this is what i want to do if its possible. I have two drives, 1 that is my stock drive that came with the Dell computer and second which i bought a year later to store all my media on. Background story, when i got the PC it was running XP and i loved it, but until i got my xbox 360 and learned i could stream my media from my PC to my xbox i was excited until i found out u need Vista to do so. So about a year and a half ago ordered the vista upgrade CD and could finally stream my media to my TV so i wouldnt be stuck at my PC all the time. Anyways, I have the Vista OS running on the stock HDD and was wondering if there was anyway i can clean the whole drive and make it like a brand new drive as if i were building a new rig and then do a clean install of Vista from my upgrade disk or do i need to buy/download a copy of the Vista Install disk and try it from there. The reason for this is i have a lot of random stuff on this drive and have no idea what they are and instead of deleting them and hurting my PC. Or should i do an upgrade to 7 to clean up the disk with all the crap i had on there and run from a new OS

Thanks in advance

I would say to just upgrade to Win7 cuz its alot better then Vista. Its out performed vista already. So i would just do a clean installment of Win7

I would say to just upgrade to Win7 cuz its alot better then Vista. Its out performed vista already. So i would just do a clean installment of Win7

but i need a blank dvd and i dont have money right now to buy any

but i need a blank dvd and i dont have money right now to buy any

Well you could try doing a clean install of winxp then upgrading it to vista but that will take some time depending on how old the install disk is. You could always save up some money till you have enough

Well you could try doing a clean install of winxp then upgrading it to vista but that will take some time depending on how old the install disk is. You could always save up some money till you have enough

i ended up being able to upgrade to vista again and that cleared my stock HDD quite a lot, thanks for ur help though

Back
Top Bottom