Where to get started and some REAL Java?

hockeygoalie5

In Runtime
YOU MAY NOT (according to Berry) SKIP ALL OF THIS IMPORTANT (according to Berry) UNCRAP (according to Berry):
I took Sun's tutorial for Java, I learned how to create a .java and compile it so when I call it on CMD it says, "Hello World!" I want more! I want to be able to make a whole big thing about Java and I want it to be good!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone know where I can find good interactive lessons on Java?

What you describe there most definitely isn't unimportant crap. It's the very first steps to learning how to code with Java - actually rather important.

However, I think you're very mistaken when you say you've taken Sun's tutorial for Java. There's much more to it than that, you must have overlooked a lot! You also need to be a little less ambitious from the sound of it. You can't just say "right, I've compiled and run a hello world application so now I need to code a huge brilliant Java application" - you still haven't even started on the basics and you need to get those sorted before you think about creating a LITTLE application, let alone a big one.

Head to this page, and have a look under "trails covering the basics." You've only done the first one by the sounds of it - have a look through the rest. And don't just skimp through them, make sure you fully understand what's going on...

I still maintain the best way to learn Java is to get a book and follow that through. I'd recommend "Objects first with Java", that will take you through step by step and give you a good, basic grounding in Java and OO.

Back
Top Bottom