psu no power

madanchi

Daemon Poster
This is a custom built pc, when I put the plug in (and switched on) no power is present, no fans goin, no lights etc. I'm not sure why as everything is conencted propperly, I had some one help me with everything as they've done a course on it and done theires not long ago but mine just doesnt have any power??

thanks in advance

Did you build it or someone else? If you built it, you could have not put those mobo mounting brackets in the case and your mobo could be shorting out.

I built it myself but some one was alongside helping me. The brackets have been put in and the mobo isnt touching the surface

Nice mobo.

Are you powering it with a 24 pin ATX connector (Near the green IDE connector) and an 8 pin ATX connector (Near the MOSFET heatsink)?

And double check the front panel connections.

Use a paperclip to jump the green wire to any black wire on the ATX power. If it starts, you have a dead mobo most likely. If it doesn't, then RMA the PSU nao.

Are you sure the fp headers are plugged in right?

thansk everyone for your fast help ^^ but it turns out after tests and etc, it was the psu, it is dead... So i got a new 750w psu today from Maplin :D

Back
Top Bottom