CF wiki

I completely agree. I'm sorry, but there's just something about that forum that screams "unprofessional". Not to mention the logo is very cheesy looking (because it's low res). If you need help with the logo just ask. I know this is beginning stages but a) one man can't do it all, b) we need to try to do it right as best as possible the first time (for a few reasons, one being how others view us, the other being so that we have member support), c) we have to be as professional about it as possible. We don't want to think that this wiki page was drawn up out of the social lounge or something.

I'm not the greatest fan of it either - I'm still really looking for someone to take the graphics on. I fully admit graphics is not my strong point (art was always my worst subject and it's not any better on the PC than off!)

That was literally something I threw together in <5 minutes as an interim thing experimenting around with different themes. It's definitely not final, and I wouldn't want that on there for the final release!

This is one of the reasons why it's not publicised and out to the world yet - at least not more than a link a page or so back in this thread. I would like this to look good, I would like it to look professional and I'd like the article content to also be of a high standard. That's definitely not the case at the moment on the graphics side, so if anyone wants to find a theme, modify it (or come up with one from scratch) then as long as you're willing to do a good job of it, please go ahead and then PM me. I'll send you my email address, you can zip it up and send it on, then i'll put it on the site (I would give out FTP access but that doesn't seem to be working at the moment.) Full credit will of course be given - I'm a great believer in giving credit where credit is due.

Totally understandable. I hope I didn't come off as harsh, as that's not how my post was meant.

I'm in an intro to design course here at college, so if I have time, I will try throw something together. However, I do think the stock wiki theme should be used. It has a sense of "credibility" to it if that makes sense. People look at that layout and say "this is a wiki, it's professional, and it's probably credible". However, if someone has another very professional layout, that's cool too.

What images would need to be worked on? I can try to put together something. Are we talking just the logo? I can try and come up with a few different ideas. However, with that said, I know that the CF logo here isn't that high of a res, so would anyone be offend by a new logo? I'll try it with this one first, but my guess is it's pretty low res, unfortunately. Unless David has the original somewhere.

Totally understandable. I hope I didn't come off as harsh, as that's not how my post was meant.
Not at all - I was just explaining where I was coming from :)

I just nicked the logo on here - I don't think a new one would be a bad idea, but I don't think it should be radically different either. I find the best "new" logos tend to be re-hashings of old ones, so people still associate it with CF but it looks different, new and cool!

To be honest, I'm thinking of the whole theme rather than just the logo - though if people think the original mediawiki theme would be a better choice then I've no qualms about using that and just changing the logo. It really just depends on what people think looks better! I'm not planning on officially launching it for a while yet, there's no set date but not until we've got it to the point where people (or most people at least!) are happy with its appearance and content.

To be honest, I'm thinking of the whole theme rather than just the logo - though if people think the original mediawiki theme would be a better choice then I've no qualms about using that and just changing the logo. It really just depends on what people think looks better!
It needs a new logo but I quite like the original mediawiki theme!

sv2r2t.png

Any Better?

I've got a few logos made already. If you want to have a look at them just PM me your email and I'll send them to you. Thanx

Also, can you re-enable the menu which contains the "Random Page" links? The "Navigation" box...?

Back
Top Bottom