I Bought My First Motherboard!!! :d

it's not really motherboard specific, it's more chipset specific because if you swap a hard drive between two systems and they are different motherboard brands (ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, etc.) but have the same NB (P35, X48, etc.) and SB (ICH9, ICH9R, ICH10, etc.) chipsets the hard drive will work fine, if his dad's system has the same chipsets it should work...

that's a huge reason why I love Win7, you can swap motherboards out as much as you want, basically an upgrader's (or downgrader's) dream...

It didn't work on the RC.

Yeah...

I'm going to ask all my friends if they have Windows 7 and if I can "borrow" their CDs.. ha. Is that legal?

No. You will need the product key too.

Micro$oft checks them... you will end up with two disabled computers.

It didn't work on the RC.

maybe it's different for Intel and AMD chipsets...? if so, chipsetFAIL for AMD, I installed on a P35, went to a 975X, back to P35 and then lastly to X48, all on the original install, on boot up it took a few extra minutes to load the chipset drivers each time I changed chipsets but that's it...

maybe it's different for Intel and AMD chipsets...? if so, chipsetFAIL for AMD, I installed on a P35, went to a 975X, back to P35 and then lastly to X48, all on the original install, on boot up it took a few extra minutes to load the chipset drivers each time I changed chipsets but that's it...

I went from a P35 to a 790GX and it did the same as XP.

Allllllllllllllright :) Then I won't do that. :D I will stick with Ubuntu for now...

You won't get very far on ubuntu unless you know how to use it...

I guess that's what we're here for though.

If you haven't installed yet, I STRONGLY suggest you forget ubuntu and go with a standard Debian install.

Ubuntu is not all its hyped up to be...

I went from a P35 to a 790GX and it did the same as XP.

ah, going from Intel to AMD or vice versa is a no no I guess, Intel to any other Intel chipset is a breeze in win7, I wonder if anyone has switched AMD to another AMD chipset...?

Its a GNU Linux-Based OS which many other linux distros (including ubuntu) are based off because of its greatness.

You will have a lot less messing around trying to make stupid things like MP3s work.

Its a GNU Linux-Based OS which many other linux distros (including ubuntu) are based off because of its greatness.

You will have a lot less messing around trying to make stupid things like MP3s work.

I might just download Ubuntu, then do that thing where it's like a virtual ISO reader so i don't have to put the files on a cd, then put it in...

Back
Top Bottom