Yay for upgrades!

We bought a new router today. We had an old NETGEAR router; one of those standard wireless G ones. Today, we bought a new NETGEAR Wireless N-300 Router (WRN2000v2) even though none of us have wireless n at home. The installation went flawlessly. I am really impressed with this router so far.

This the average speed we got before the upgrade:
Download: ~6MB/s
Upload ~.1MB/s

This is what I just tested:

We bought this for $90. The next upgrade coming in is my new 24" Dell monitor. I'll post pictures of that.

----

Now I am curious. Do any of you have any upgrade stories that significantly improved performance at a low price?

This doesn't make sense to me. A router doesn't effect your internet speed, the package you get from your ISP effects your internet speed.

A "G" Router can handle speeds up to 54Mbps which is a full 6MBps which is faster than most ISP's supply.

This doesn't make sense to me. A router doesn't effect your internet speed, the package you get from your ISP effects your internet speed.

A "G" Router can handle speeds up to 54Mbps which is a full 6MBps which is faster than most ISP's supply.

Different routers contain different modem chipsets, which can affect your sync speed

Different routers contain different modem chipsets, which can affect your sync speed

Modem Chipsets? I thought we were talking about routers here...a Router and Modem are two different things unless you are talking about one of those crappy modem / router combo things that some ISP's provide.

Even old crappy 10 year old G routers can pass through internet speeds at decent rates

My monitor is here. I'm going to upload pics soon.

edit:
DSC07309.jpg

Dang...mine was $480 considering the time we got each monitor. Sorry for the picture quality.

Looks really nice.

LOL my picture is 10000x worse. I'll take one with my DSLR when I get my rig running.

I can't make a picture do this setup justice. Its three 28 inch monitors and a 15.6. They are effin huge.

I wish they made 32s though. :p

Back
Top Bottom