Debate: Human Cloning- Your thoughts/Ides?

Are we talking cloning an entire human? No. Being Christian, I don't support that.

There's a difference between recreating organs (for cancer patients and such) versus cloning an entire human.

Plus, it's not like you'd have an exact replica of yourself. In order for this to occur, the birth of the clone and you would need to happen at the same time, but as others have said, they still wouldn't be the same person. It's ridiculous to think of cloning people for "parts" etc. to live longer. That's just dumb. So you're gunna slaughter the clone to make the non-clone live longer? I'll take natural reproduction and death thank you.

Its possible now to grow parts without having to grow a living human you know.
Ears have been reproduced, etc

I think cloning is a cool idea as long as they keep it to sheep, spiderpig, etc.

When they take it to humans, a lot of people will die in the process, and I have a feeling they will never live a normal life if they do survive. They'd probably always be locked up to be studied... bad idea...

Cloning, yes. Cloning someone to replace your organs when they go bad, no.

lolwut?

The weird thing is, if you could make an exact duplicate of someone, they wouldn't be the same in the mind, even if they were 100% the same genetically. Especially if they were grown up in different situations/environments.

If it was the EXACT same upbringing, then i'm pretty sure it would be the same!

Some people don't think that Clones should be classified as a real human, so they don't think that it will be murder to kill a human clone. So, say you have a bad heart, had many heart attacks and such. Are you willing to kill the clone to transplant his/her heart for you? Is it still murder? I say it is.

Oh, I see what you mean. I didn't realize you mean cloning and then KILLING. I thought you mean cloning the individual organ (AKA Therapeutic Cloning)

Some people don't think that Clones should be classified as a real human, so they don't think that it will be murder to kill a human clone.

That logic doesn't hold in the slightest. How can a clone of a human not be a human?!

Back
Top Bottom