I Bought My First Motherboard!!! :d

ebay links are dead.

Hurricane is a pretty good case for $40. Can't beat that. Free shipping too.

K. Fixed em. Try again and let me know if they don't work :) Yeah, definitely going to get the Hurricane case. $120 left... $50 for CPU that is on that first eBay link... $70! Then all I have is RAM and I'm going to try to get that Crucial under $40, and then try to upgrade later to 4gb and just save my $30 in case something goes wrong. If everything goes great, I'll just save it up for another 2gigs in the near future, or 4gigs.

Hey, just wondering:

How does the memory on the GPUs work? Is it just added to the RAM?

Yeah they have dedicated RAM. links still down. Are you logged into an ebay account or something?

Just tell me the models and price and thatll work. Is the CPU retail or OEM?

Yeah they have dedicated RAM. links still down. Are you logged into an ebay account or something?

Just tell me the models and price and thatll work. Is the CPU retail or OEM?

So basically it's just little RAM modules inside a GPU?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-AMD-Athlon-...60QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCPUs?hash=item3efcfcfb30

That should work. I signed out. It says OEM...

Edit: HUH? The subtitle says: ADX240OCGQBOX / BOXED RETAIL / 3 Year Warranty !!!!!, but the description says OEM... huh..

The other one is just Crucial DDR3 1333Mhz 2gb Dual Channel (New) and it's an auction... $9 and $1.44 (total $10.44) right now, but it still has 2 days left.

The RAM modules are on the PCB. The GPU interfaces with them, NOT your system RAM.

Still dead... OEM means it doesnt come with a heatsink. Do you have an AM2 heatsink?

The RAM modules are on the PCB. The GPU interfaces with them, NOT your system RAM.

Still dead... OEM means it doesnt come with a heatsink. Do you have an AM2 heatsink?

Nope. No heatsink. It says boxed retail right in the subtitle,

Try searching "NEW AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8 GHz CPU Processor" That's the exact title. The first one should be it, $50 buy-it-now.

Wait what?

So its not the OEM packaging?

That sounds ok then, but if you have extra budget, an x3 or x4 athlon could be worth it.

The subtitle says: ADX240OCGQBOX / BOXED RETAIL / 3 Year Warranty !!!!!, but the description says OEM... huh..

The X3 which could easily unlock to an X4 according to the most helpful review is $22 more... I could do it but only if I get that other ram under $40. And, I wouldn't have any back-up money. :(

Your mobo cannot unlock cores.

Retail AMD Athlon II X4 620 AM3 2.6 GHz Quad CPU 95W ...search this. I cant view it but it looks like an epic deal. ebay is freaking out because I'm on mac OS.

If it has a 3 year warranty, its retail. Is he reffering to something else in the description?

EDIT... wait it seems your mobo can unlock cores. I thought it was only the very first AM3 boards that could.

Just remember, in many cases, those cores are disabled for a reason.

Your mobo cannot unlock cores.

Retail AMD Athlon II X4 620 AM3 2.6 GHz Quad CPU 95W ...search this. I cant view it but it looks like an epic deal. ebay is freaking out because I'm on mac OS.

If it has a 3 year warranty, its retail. Is he reffering to something else in the description?

EDIT... wait it seems your mobo can unlock cores. I thought it was only the very first AM3 boards that could.

Just remember, in many cases, those cores are disabled for a reason.

I think I'm going to get the $50 one.

$84 is a little much for me, now. I will definitely go for that in the future, though :) or the Phenom II X4! My birthday is like 2 1/2 months away, so I'll just ask for a super-cool monitor from my mother and maybe a faster processor from my dad, and sell my old one for like whatever it's worth,... hopefully $40.

The $50 one is decent, though, right?

Back
Top Bottom