car

esa193

Fully Optimized
so got my license been having a blast driving around in my moms 2007 Camry
but unfortunately next week when she goes back to work she'll be taking it away from me :(
so i could use some help shopping for a used car max price 5 grand
no idea where to start....looking for deff a car and something somewhat fuel efficient

Your first car is (almost) never the car that you want. Get a car that's cheap, reliable, and inexpensive to repair (if need be). So don't get a Volkswagen.

Look for Hondas, Toyotas, etc. from the late 90's - early 2000's. They will be cheap and since there's so many of them on the road they are cheap to repair.

It's not going to be fast, but who cares. As long as it gets you from point a to point b. If you want a little more pep, get a manual.

And for goodness sake, do NOT put a wing on it.

I'd go with a stick shift. You save gas and it's cheaper, look for a Ford Ranger!

Not sure exactly what you might want. I have a Ford ZX2 and it's an awesome little car. Has a decent amount of get up and go when you need it and it makes at least 30mpg. The price for most ZX2s anymore is well under $5k. My first car was a '92 Ford Tempo. That was a lame car. Basically only had it because I needed something to get me from point A to point B and didn't have a ton of money to play with.

Other similar choices that should be under $5k (early '00 models)
Ford Focus
Toyota Corolla
Toyota Camry
Honda Civic
Honda Accord
Mazda Protege
Dodge Neon

That's all I could think of right now.

Whatever you get, get a manual transmission. You'll regret it if you go automatic.

why would i ever want a manual tran?
idk a 02 camry would prob be a pretty nice care i guess ill criags list one

Why not? They're more fun, more efficient, and usually cheaper to repair. Plus it's something everyone should know how to do.

Whatever you get, get a manual transmission. You'll regret it if you go automatic.

I got an automatic back when I didn't feel like learning stick. I regret that and am swapping my transmission to a manual this summer hopefully. Then I gotta teach myself how to drive again. :p But manuals offer more control over how you want it to shift. It's hard to save fuel in an automatic that goes up to 4k rpm before shifting with slow acceleration. Or if you are a spirited accelerator sometimes the automatic will shift too early and slow down your acceleration. Of course if you are lazy and don't want to learn how to drive one like I was, then it's best to keep it an auto. Plus on a lot of cars such as mine, the manual has 1 extra gear than the auto. I have a 4 speed auto and will swap in a 5 speed manual. Better highway gas mileage.

Why not? They're more fun, more efficient, and usually cheaper to repair. Plus it's something everyone should know how to do.
On this, the manual is also lighter. ~45 lbs lighter on my car. That's 45 lbs the car no longer has to haul around.

I wish my 2001 honda civic was manual. You feel more in control when you drive a manual (makes sense because you are lol) and the transmissions tend to last longer if you drive right.

I just hated when i first drove a manual that people will stop RIGHT behind you when you have to stop on top of a hill because you roll back just a tad before you go.

Back
Top Bottom