Which budget motherboard?

^ just leading him to the newegg reviews - might help him make a decision

here's the link for the ASUS M4A78L-M AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 760G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

agreed NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE on the MSI does suck, well so does any other on-board graphics. It'll last you if only intend to do just word docs and surf the web. If you plan on games a decent gpu will be quick solution.

and ram slots (up to 4gb ram only)
correction though up to 8gb.

and looking forward. the way the pc industry is right now its usually wise to go above the most budget-level products since tech tends to get obsolete really quick. DDR2 right now is the standard. it wont take long for DDR3 to take its spot.

Getting an AM3 ready mobo as compared to AM2 means you can upgrade to phenom (4core) once your budget permits.

Hope it helps

Socket AM3 was what i was hoping for. the MSI was my original first choice, because of its DDR3 support. Im trying to own my friend's macbook for as little money as possible, so show him how overpriced all Apple's stuff is these days. its my birthday in like, 5 days. so ill be getting stuff in pretty soon i think.

You just defeated the idea then.

You would have to build a laptop. Mobile parts are far different from desktop parts.

The white macbook actually isnt very overpriced.

Back
Top Bottom