Thoughts on the 9800 GT graphics card from NVIDIA. (Will it play crysis in full )

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
Hi, im thinking of buying a graphics card, I am looking at the 9800 GT, has anyone got this card and would you recommend it.

I don't really want to spend too much on a card but i want to be able to play games such as crysis and mass effect 2. I will prob run the resolution at around 1600 x 900.

No it won't max Crysis.

What is up with everyone's obsession with playing the game with every setting at max? OP, this isnt directed towards you, its just a trend I've been seeing a lot lately.

The game looks amazing at lower setting still, and a 9800 GT mill do pretty well.

To max it, you will need at least twice the power of a 9800, and that is assuming no AA.

Depending on the rest of your system, you could run at least medium/high settings at that resolution. Crysis is extremely tweakable and you can get high quality graphics with very playable framerates. Here's a good read: Crysis Tweak Guide

I was thinking the same thing foothead. Everyone seems to want to max one of the hardest to run games out when it doesn't have to be maxxed out to look good.

No different to people wanting to overclock every piece of hardware they own when they don't really need the extra speed.

i dont personally think Crysis is even worth its system specs. boring game overall, but im more of an MMORPG person.

does anyone know what graphics card they used to design the game? im betting it was custom designed and cost a packet.

and also, lowndley, my friend OC'd his Core 2 Duo from 2.8GHz to 3.0GHz.

i mean, 0.2GHz? why bother?!

i dont personally think Crysis is even worth its system specs. boring game overall, but im more of an MMORPG person.

does anyone know what graphics card they used to design the game? im betting it was custom designed and cost a packet.

and also, lowndley, my friend OC'd his Core 2 Duo from 2.8GHz to 3.0GHz.

i mean, 0.2GHz? why bother?!
I enjoy the multiplayer a lot, and the single player isn't bad.

They used multi GPU setups, and they planned on it being able to progress with hardware, as people could run more and more settings as hardware progressed.

What's it matter? The way I see it it's speed that you payed for and aren't using, might as well.
No different to people wanting to overclock every piece of hardware they own when they don't really need the extra speed.
It's free speed, might as well.
No it won't max Crysis.

What is up with everyone's obsession with playing the game with every setting at max? OP, this isnt directed towards you, its just a trend I've been seeing a lot lately.

The game looks amazing at lower setting still, and a 9800 GT mill do pretty well.

To max it, you will need at least twice the power of a 9800, and that is assuming no AA.

Because, you want to see the game in all of it's glory. It's sort of like giving somebody a guitar with only 3 strings and half of the frets. It still works, and it's OK I guess, but you want to use all that a guitar has to offer, not just a part of it.

Also, you do not need that much power for Crysis. With my GTS250(which is just a 9800GTX+ with one less power connector) I can put the settings on max with 0x AA or 2x AA, and still get around 35 fps. Crysis spec requirements are a bit exaggerated in my opinion :rolleyes:

Also, you do not need that much power for Crysis. With my GTS250(which is just a 9800GTX+ with one less power connector) I can put the settings on max with 0x AA or 2x AA, and still get around 35 fps. Crysis spec requirements are a bit exaggerated in my opinion :rolleyes:

My 4870 x2 barely makes it with 2x AA.

There's no way.

EDIT: unless your resolution is awful.

My 4870 x2 barely makes it with 2x AA.

There's no way.

EDIT: unless your resolution is awful.

I'm at 1920x1080. I'm just telling you what fraps says. I didn't do any special official benchmark or anything, I'm just telling you what fraps says in gameplay. And the game is perfectly playable.

EDIT: Wait, I just saw that you said max it, not high graphics. I play under DX9, so technically the graphics aren't totally maxed.

I'm at 1920x1080. I'm just telling you what fraps says. I didn't do any special official benchmark or anything, I'm just telling you what fraps says in gameplay. And the game is perfectly playable.

EDIT: Wait, I just saw that you said max it, not high graphics. I play under DX9, so technically the graphics aren't totally maxed.

I'm gonna say something isn't right then.

Maybe it isn't actually maxxed...?

idk but the results you said are impossible. The GTS 250 is not a 5850, which seems to be about the minimum to run at max.

Back
Top Bottom