Need your help, smarties!

OOoooh. I don't need anything special for that, do I? And do I need drivers for this stuff?! Can I find them online?

Are the cards even worth bringing home with me or should I just through them out? Will they be better than an integrated Radeon 4200?

You need drivers.

YES KEEP THEM!!!! They are decent cards and would completely blow away HD 4200.

You need drivers.

YES KEEP THEM!!!! They are decent cards and would completely blow away HD 4200.

HA okay. Lol. I'll keep them and bring them home with me. I know this may sound like a stupid questions.. WHERE DO I PUT THEM!? In a plastic baggy? lol. i dunno! Are they safe on a towel on my dining room table right now with all the other stuff? Where do I put the Hard Drives?!!?!?!

Can I find the drivers online if when I ask my dad he can't find them??

EDIT:

Just an added note: you guys are soooo freaking cool & smart! How do you know this stuff? THANKS!!

o_O NO TOWEL!!!!!!!
that will kill them.

You might wanna read up on ESD while youre at it.

Ask your dad for an antistatic bag. He prolly has 100 of them.

If not, multiple wal mart bags.

o_O NO TOWEL!!!!!!!
that will kill them.

You might wanna read up on ESD while youre at it.

Ask your dad for an antistatic bag. He prolly has 100 of them.

If not, multiple wal mart bags.

Lol I'm sure they're fine, they are barely touching it. I'll put them on the wood for now, unless that is crazy too! He's watching a show right now, I'll ask him later. :) WOOD OK?

EDIT
what's ESD? Links appreciated :) Sorry if I'm typing like I'm a freaking hyperactive 5 year old :D

Woods ok. Cardboard would be better tho.

ESD is electrostatic discharge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrostatic_discharge

Put them both in grocery bags and on wood :) 2 each. That's what I'll bring them home in.

What about the hard drives? Can those go in grocery bags and on top of clothes? (inside a suit case?) I will probably put them in between a lot of clothes so they don't break! everything!

Also, the DVD drives and the 550 Watt Power Supply. Those okay on the towel?

Dont put anything with a circuit board on it.

If they are gonna be in between clothes, I HIGHLY suggest antistatic bags.

Hard drives are in bags :) PSU and DVD Drives are just out in the open. That alright? I'll ask him if he has any... I don't want to spend $10 on some though. I know that sounds horrible, getting all this free stuff, but I am super tight on money. Are there any alternatives??

If the cable fits, it'll work.

x1950 was a good card in its day. Still is decent. You're going to crossfire?

there's no way he's gonna crossfire on that board with only one PCIe slot...

dude, being cheap is one thing, I'm cheap as hell, but being stupid is another, get some antistatic bags so all the stuff you got (FOR FREE) aren't just paperweights when you get home...

if gaming isn't a priority right now don't go crazy with the processor and RAM, scale those back a little so you have some cash left over, if you aren't gaming only get 2GBs of RAM and you'll have some money for antistatic bags and other things you may need...

Back
Top Bottom