Random Chit Chat

Oh gosh....

I just opened the door to the garage to look. He is keeping garbage now. Just bags of garbage. I don't think that's normal...

There is also a car in there, except idk if its still there... cant tell. And he has three other cars, only one of which runs. Plus a boat. And a half-boat that is on top of the car in the garage.

The mold is so bad that I have to go outside every couple hours or else I get a migraine from it... like so strong that you could smell it without opening the front door.

The whole rest of the house is totally trashed as well (and this is after he 'cleaned' it) like every table in the house has junk on top of it, and below it, piled up to the bottom of the table. Every wall (except in one room which he is ocd about) has even more junk littered about it. He makes my brother and me do the same... NOTHING gets thrown away ever. I have a walk-in closet and it is full to the ceiling because I'm not allowed to throw anything away. I'm talking crap from when I was 2. still in there. We also have roaches all over the place, especially in the bathroom and my brothers room (ever since it got flooded and the carpet molded over.) I would be inclined to think there are rats in the attic, but I am too afraid to take a look up there.

In the backyard, its no better. He has about 20 junker bicycles that he picked up out of the trash or at garage sales, all in various unworking conditions, some even chopped to pieces for some sort of project he never got around to finishing. There is also a treehouse... in it is a few old bikes, 3 or 4 power wheels (those little electric cars for toddlers to drive around in) that he got from the thrift store, garage sales, or the garbage. Next to it is the deep pit full of toxic water, animal carcasses, and mosquito larvae that he calls a pool. It has a huge 1000-pound wooden contraption that is completely rotten and falling apart on it that supposedly keeps it clean. Next to that there are various swimming pool pumps (none of which work) and an assortment of old pipes and fittings. Along the back of the yard is a completely rotten wood fence that looks like the kool aid man took some cocaine while in the general area. There is also a swingset and slide that look like they came from an abandoned soviet schoolyard.

On the front porch there is an air conditioning blower that is rigged to be a public safety hazard if it were ever turned on, a generator with half the parts stripped off of it, a sideways table that happens to be missing the entire top, two micro-sized dryrotten chairs, and dolphin windchimes because everyone knows that dolphin windchimes make the place look so pretty.

And this is just scratching the surface of what it is like...

/epic rant about the condition of my dads house

yeah its called hoarding. in a way I have a similar problem with computer parts. There is a whole room full of old computer stuff I will probably never use but just cannot get rid of it.

Wasn't Bullzi suffering from a similar situation a while back? You gotta stand up for yourself a bit, man. Don't always assume to yell back at him, but if he's getting on your case about something petty or stupid, you might want to consider raising /your/ voice a bit. I've lived in a similar situation but nothing where I couldn't work it out by being the better person. Each person is different in how they respond to things. Certain people respond well to calm, collected logic. IE: "Yelling" response: "you are looking pretty foolish right about now, yelling over some dishes and silverware...". Others respond to getting some quiet time to think about being stupid. IE: "yelling" response: "Ok, I've had enough." *walk away to room, or outside*. Normally that works for all, but some get upset about you 'just leaving when they are talking to you'. It's a way of diffusing a situation in my eyes. And lastly, some will back down when you raise your voice or yell at them. Me personally, I've never had a good experience with yelling back, but I've seen it work for some. My mom isn't the kind who responds well to yelling. I yell, she gets louder and more angry. So normally I'll reason with her. "must be that time of the month, i'll be back in a few hours" She'll get angry but will be over it when I return realizing that she was acting like an ass over something that could have been handled in a much better way.

Those a just are few things.

If I attempt ot say anything, he will begin screaming immediately, even louder. What he wants is to scream about whatever is going on until I submit completely, leave, come back in 5 minutes and taunt me about it, leave again, then usually in an hour or so, he will come back with some sort or smart-ass response about the whole thing, then say something along the lines of 'just do exactly what I want without any question and we wont have a problem.' If I try to respond in any way, all I get is 'I DONT WANT TO HEAR IT' screamed at me. I have tried doing everything possible to make him happy, but it just isnt possible to do such a thing. He HAS to yell. If he doesn't, then it will build up and he will just yell more.

I have tried walking away.... bad idea... he started running full sprint at me, so I immediately start running away. When he caught me (near the front door) he tackled me to the ground, grabs me, slammed me on the floor a couple times, then started screaming again, this time about how I can't run away from responsibilities. He was originally screaming at ME because my brothers backpack was 2 feet out of place. How is that my responsibility?

I tried locking myself in my room once... even worse. He broke the lock on the door, then ran into tho door so hard that it blew open, and it killed my back.

And he dislocated my finger once when he attacked me.

And then, the stupid child protection services won't do crap because he never technically hit me.

Call the police next time he pulls a retarded stunt like that.

EDIT: I'm not sure about you, but I could say "buh-bye" for a couple months if that ever happened to me. I DO NOT stand for abuse in any form. I understand corporal punishment, but abuse is intolerable.

Call the police next time he pulls a retarded stunt like that.

I wanted to. He kept me locked in my room for days with no phone or computer or anything.

When I finally managed to get away from him, I told my mom and she called him first to ask what the hell had happened and I think he convinced her I was either exxagerating or lying about it. She said she was going to get my uncle, who's a lawyer to give her advice on what to do, but she never did anything. I at least got to stay away from him for a few months.

I doubt he will do anything like that again though because child protection already knows he has done stuff in the past.

I'm just glad I don't have to come here much anymore since I was in the hospital. He is starting to get weird again though, like demanding that I come on a certain day, and telling my mom we planned it out, even though we didn't. Then my mom will make plans to do something and I will have no choice because I still can't stay home alone overnight.

Back
Top Bottom