SSD steal!!!!!

I want that for my laptop.

Is there a PATA version?

I bet Mac OS would run crazy fast with an SSD. The bottleneck for me is the hard drive right now. Always crunching away....

10MBps seems small in the scope of 200+. That's a huge number when we're talking conventional drives. Why does it change when we start talking about SSD's?

because you cant directly compare the speeds of an SSD to a Platter HDD
electricity is so much faster then an electric motor could ever hope to be

I'm making the point that 10MBps is still a large number. But the idea of 10 being large gets lost when it's compared to 200+ numbers. And I don't see why that is. 240 is still noticeably faster than 230. Those numbers aren't spot-on either.

I'm making the point that 10MBps is still a large number. But the idea of 10 being large gets lost when it's compared to 200+ numbers. And I don't see why that is. 240 is still noticeably faster than 230. Those numbers aren't spot-on either.

yeah, those are the laws of mathematics, everything is relative when talking numbers, 240 compared to 230 is not gonna be "noticeably" faster, it'll be 4% faster, a program that loads in 1 second on a 240MBps SSD will load in 1.04 seconds on a 230MBps SSD, you can notice 4 hundredths of a second...? you are a rare specimen my friend, very rare indeed...

EDIT: hope I finally got it right, lol, is that worth doubling the price, not imo, but maybe it is in yours, now going from a conventional hdd to SSD would be noticeable...

Back
Top Bottom