Monitor, And a little help!

Luke_Uk_Baggy

In Runtime
Hi guys, just seen this monitor, that Im interested in. I had a quick look before I came to work, and got the link here:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-051-IY

I am going to be doing a new build soon, but will probly replace my current 21" dell monitor with this.

Unless I can do dual screens, but my computer is fairly old, and wonder if this would be viable.. My current rig is about 3-4years old.. Dell Dimension 9150 Media edition.. 1gb or ram i think Pentium D 2.8 / 2.79 processor (this is off the top of my head)

What do you suggest I do? (apart from OMFG ADD RAM) Is there a similar screen for a better price? (needs to be in the UK) do you see any problems? I cant remember what conenctors are on my current rig for the monitor.. but 2ms response and 24" seems very nice.

Any suggestions would be great cheers.

Your PC features the The Geforce 7800GTX graphics card which features two DVI outputs.

So you could run a dual screen set up if you wish.

The specs for that monitor look good i'm not sure about the make though.

Indeed yeah, I was a bit unsure on the make, if only it had a little 'samsung' icon or something then i'd be ecstatic!

Thanks for the quick reply anyway, you overclocking machine! ;)

> With 3 years warranty though I dont think I can go too far wrong, or am I just being blinded by the price and specs?

EDIT: By the way, what site did you use to check the specs? Just google or is there a specific site that will say 'X is compatible with Y and Z' - ill see if i can get on it, but our intranet is very well cordoned.

Thanks.

From what i've seen it's a great budget monitor.

If your into CAD stuff you will want something a bit better.

Dell Dimension 9150 Media edition

Just did a bit of detective work to come up with the specs. Although check by going into the Device Manager. It will be in Display Adapters.

:)

yeah already googled it! I cant get onto about 75% of the results, and the others were fairly useless!

Nope, not into CAD, it will just be normal computer usage, nothing too heavy, maybe some medium / leaning towards heavy gaming.

Thanks for looking it up again anyway.

That picture of that girl in lingerie had no effect on your decision WHAT so ever :p

Specs look good though, and I've heard good things about that make too to be honest, budget or not.

Here is a quick review of it:
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/index.cfm?reviewid=109085

My Samsung monitor has a dynamic contrast of 3,000:1, but I don't have it on dynamic so I'm getting around 1,000:1, and I find it okay for what I do in 3D. You'll find that monitor will be the same kind of deal, but the viewing angles may disappoint by the sound of it, but all cheap TN panels have limited angles you can view from to achieve the actual colours.

meh, im not too fussed about the viewing angles. The most ill ever set up is probly dual monitors (due to space apart from anything else) and have them both roughly side by side / central.

Yes the image provided looks very eye catching, do you think ill get one of those thrown in the deal? :D

Thanks guys,

and remind me to remind you reminez, or ill probably forget.

I also became a junior member by posting legitimately about a lady in lingerie! go me!

Back
Top Bottom