Slow computer

jetsmell

In Runtime
H.P Media XP, s.p. 3, 3GB'S of ram. free space 80% Mozilla Firefox GeForce 8800GT Norton up until last week, at that time , I had Norton , paid them 140dollars to do a deep scan, no virus found, they also tweeked the performance. I since un-installed Norton for AVG. i USED Malewarebytes, and CCleaner. Removed programs like I-tunes and Limewire. Re-installed Adobe and Java. Defraged, etc. What is left? Ran Fix it utilities checked the hard drive and everything else, all checks out. Some web sites come up fast, like Craigslist, most are slow, waiting two or three minutes, sometimes longer. My computer is about four or five years old. Any ideas of what else to try?

Defrag, go into Internet Explorer and manage add-ons to see if you have alot running in the Internet Explorer. Next take some things off the startup using the CCleaner utility. Just my .02 cents.

If not reinstall your operating system or remove some more programs etc.

I defragged . Gone to manage add ons. My computer didn't have a recovery disc.

How do I re-install my operating system, the computer didn't have one, would that take care of the problem?

A better solution

Hi buddy i would suggest you to remove AVG and use avira instead of that because it consumes less memory. You may also remove temp and prefatch files. There are two temp folders first one by running "%temp%" without quotes. and the second one you may found in windows folders you may also find prefatch in it. By removing files in them you may improve speed of your computer.

I had AVG and i had the same problem. i am pretty sure you have the same problem as i did. i think its something to do with AVG's link scanner.

Does your browser work fine before it starts slowing up or does it not work from the start.

When i had the problem the whole connection to the internet went down and i could only get on website after waiting a stupid amount of time.

I suggest uninstalling AVG to see if the problem is fixed, if not then reinstalll AVG and look for a alternative solution.

Hello your PC go slow down do not worry,the reason of our window registry. My PC is also slow before few day on that time i am also frustrate from my pc but when my neighbour said to me use PC Optimizer pro it's so use full for slow pc on that time I'll be installed and cleaned errors in to my PC. i am happy because my PC running like a new pc. I think you also think about that software, have good day.

^ lol wut?

If you want to reinstall, it looks like you will need to acquire a disk for your OS somehow. You can use the same product key that is on your computer. I suggest borrowing one from a friend. NOT P2P. If you do that, I am not responsible if your computer becomse part of a NASA attacking botnet or if you get the the virus that makes the CPU burn up/explode or whatever else can happen from infected torrents.

Note: it will have to be a Microsoft labeled disk for the exact same OS you have.

If you don't know how to install OS i would suggest not doing in it on your own. Check your task manager and see what is hogging all your computer's resources by sorting the memory usage.

Back
Top Bottom