Is this graphics card compatible?

EnviousX

Baseband Member
I'm thinking of getting a new video card, I have an AGP 4x Slot and this card HD 2600 PRO is AGP 8x. People have told me, 8x cards are backwards compatible, and I have enough power supply (ATX-450PS) I think... So, on my Mobo it says, 3.3V cards will cause permanent damage, so how do I know that this card isn't 3.3V or are AGP 8x Cards 0.8v? IM CONFUSED HELP PL0X!
4jn9kl.jpg

Im dying to get this card, what if they are all gone by the time I know its compatible :( OMG.

I'm thinking of getting a new video card, I have an AGP 4x Slot and this card HD 2600 PRO is AGP 8x. People have told me, 8x cards are backwards compatible, and I have enough power supply (ATX-450PS) I think... So, on my Mobo it says, 3.3V cards will cause permanent damage, so how do I know that this card isn't 3.3V or are AGP 8x Cards 0.8v? IM CONFUSED HELP PL0X!
4jn9kl.jpg

Im dying to get this card, what if they are all gone by the time I know its compatible :( OMG.

don't feel bad, you won't be dying alone, AGP is dying as well...

my suggestion is to not sink any more $ into an obsolete sytem and save up for some cheap upgrades that will put your dinosaur to shame...

that card is gonna be overpriced anyway, AGP cards are ridiculously priced for the performance (or should I say lack thereof) just because AGP cards are no longer manufactured...

don't feel bad, you won't be dying alone, AGP is dying as well...

my suggestion is to not sink any more $ into an obsolete sytem and save up for some cheap upgrades that will put your dinosaur to shame...

that card is gonna be overpriced anyway, AGP cards are ridiculously priced for the performance (or should I say lack thereof) just because AGP cards are no longer manufactured...

Yeah, I sort of have to agree. Sometimes you just have to let it die. AGP cards are pretty heavily overpriced :(

Im willing to pay for it,as in, I have the money ready (Y) ;D. I just want this because my parents have told me that we aren't getting a new system any time soon and this is the only thing I can spend my money on. So I might as well, but can you just tell me if it is compatible? I mean I have an ASROCK K7VM3 with an AGP 4x Slot, I want to know if this card is compatible..In terms of Power Supply, the 3.3v thing... Anyways, I'm getting it for only $52.31 CAD because its on "sale" 45 dollars off...That's why I am in such a hurry...

If I don't get this card, I am going to be stuck with my Radeon 7000...which is not cool, I really wanna play Team fortress 2 with this card ;).

Thanks.

* That is including shipping + tax, everything O.O

Oh well, I already bought the card and it has arrived, and so far...It`s good! I mean I can play TF2 on 50-60 FPS and this card is overclockable (heatsink + FAN) so if any one is getting this card for their old, old system, I suggest you go for it (Y)! ;D (Unless you want to spend a little more and get the HD 4650 which is way, WAY better...)

Well, glad it worked.

HD 2600 is an OK card, even now.

I used to have a 2400 PCIe that I got from newegg for like $12 (!)

4650 will probably be bottlenecked by the AGP bus, and is heavily overpriced when you consider that the PCIe one is $50 or less.

Back
Top Bottom