Random Chit Chat

Just spoke to Apple's customer service. They're investigating my case regarding the NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT issue that's affecting some MacBook Pro notebooks.

I might even get a refund on my $310.00.

RAWR! Must find new OS.

4361071488_da37fbb76d_o.png

yesterday I bit the bullet and am giving ubuntu another shot on my laptop. So far everything it going ok. It took me a while to find codecs to make all my music and video play though. Now I find myself using ubuntu more than windows when I am not gaming. Some people say that they won't try ubuntu or linux in general because they need certain programs to do things but I find there is an open source equivalent to just about everything. I use mozilla songbird for music which is an itunes clone with ipod support. Gimp for photo editing, Openshot for video editing and open office for office stuff.
Now if only there was a way to make my games work like GTA IV, Farcry 2 etc but I haven't found a way yet. I think running them in wine would make the performance suffer if they would even work at all.

Funny you should mention that,im on Ubuntu 9.10 as we speak. So far so good,very fast! As far as codecs go i just download the ubuntu restricted extras from the Software Center. Im also using most of the software you mention though i have never heard of Openshot! Is it any good?

Back
Top Bottom