Random Chit Chat

Anybody know any special deals/discount on W7? I want to get an 64-bit.

yesterday I bit the bullet and am giving ubuntu another shot on my laptop. So far everything it going ok. It took me a while to find codecs to make all my music and video play though. Now I find myself using ubuntu more than windows when I am not gaming. Some people say that they won't try ubuntu or linux in general because they need certain programs to do things but I find there is an open source equivalent to just about everything. I use mozilla songbird for music which is an itunes clone with ipod support. Gimp for photo editing, Openshot for video editing and open office for office stuff.
Now if only there was a way to make my games work like GTA IV, Farcry 2 etc but I haven't found a way yet. I think running them in wine would make the performance suffer if they would even work at all.

If you have a .edu email then you can get 7 for about $30 (from what I heard)

Yeah, I got the 32-bit with that offer. I would do it again, but sadly it ended back in January. I have friends with e-mails that doesn't want to get it, so I can use their e-mails if I wanted to get more.

Yeah, I got the 32-bit with that offer. I would do it again, but sadly it ended back in January. I have friends with e-mails that doesn't want to get it, so I can use their e-mails if I wanted to get more.

Oh I thought when you got it you had it forever, I didn't know there was a time period to use it....lol

yesterday I bit the bullet and am giving ubuntu another shot on my laptop. So far everything it going ok. It took me a while to find codecs to make all my music and video play though. Now I find myself using ubuntu more than windows when I am not gaming. Some people say that they won't try ubuntu or linux in general because they need certain programs to do things but I find there is an open source equivalent to just about everything. I use mozilla songbird for music which is an itunes clone with ipod support. Gimp for photo editing, Openshot for video editing and open office for office stuff.
Now if only there was a way to make my games work like GTA IV, Farcry 2 etc but I haven't found a way yet. I think running them in wine would make the performance suffer if they would even work at all.
Wine might work for it. You should also check out Cedega. They have a free trial.

Score. My Friend is selling me a brand new Samsung F2 500GB hard drive for £30. It's going in my server!

Back
Top Bottom