Upgrade or Save up?

I'm not using HDMI audio. I just didn't uncheck it when I installed the drivers the first few times. I'm running my audio out through SPDIF to a receiver.

Alright, well, I'll probably get the 5770 next month. Hopefully there won't be much problems left when I get it.

I don't think I need to OC any higher since my computer never utilize 100% of it unless I'm doing something CPU intensive, which is about once every 2 months. Also, my CPU never went above 50c.

If this is the case, then what would the point of saving for a new PC be?

Teny said:
Alright, well, I'll probably get the 5770 next month. Hopefully there won't be much problems left when I get it.

sounds good. It'll be fine.

Building an new PC is more of being future proof. I'm starting to have a hard time trying to max games out now. The latest games I've tried where I can't max out is Batman: AA, and the Resident Evil 5 Benchmark.

Probably not, I don't think my PSU can power the 8800GT and the 5770.

How long do you think the 5770 is going to stay in stock? I was just looking at some benches, and seeing the scores in CF amazes me. Makes me want to CF the cards if I get a chance. Too bad my mobo doesn't support CF...
Maybe I can try to get enough money by the end of this year, get a new build, and CF these cards. That is if they are still selling them as new.

Why would they quit selling them....?

They have been selling like crazy, but AMD is making them incredibly fast. I doubt there'll be a widespread shortage like the 5970.

Gotta ask.... an 8800 cant max Batmann AA?!
I get 200 fps+ with max settings at 1920x1200.

I'd think the 8800 would get at least 1/4th of that.

I'm sure they will keep selling them for awhile. What I was saying is that if they ever come out with a new series of cards, I hope the the one I purchase would stay in market until I get enough money to purchase another one.
That was the plan with the 8800GT, but they stopped selling on places like newegg and tigerdirect, and didn't want to buy it from places like ebay. I like having warranty in case something goes wrong.

When I run Batman: AA on max settings without AA, I usually get about 20-30 FPS, which to me isn't considered being able to max out. I only consider the games to be maxed out would be the ones that stay above 30FPS.

Back
Top Bottom