Need Help With Java!!!!

samueleen

In Runtime
Right, I'm quite new to Java, I've installed the latest version of it.
Where do I type all of the JavaScript?
:confused:
Whats the JavaScript Console for?

Thanx

woah woah woah. Java and Javascript are two different things. Javascript goes into the web forum, and Java goes into this one. Javascript helps make this forum run, and Java helps you play internet games. Choose either Java or Javascript.

O_O your kidding, right?
You dont download it. Its like html, you type the code in notepad, slap a .html signature at the filename instead of .txt, save it and upload it to a website. I think you mean download an API to help you with programming it.

Javascript helps make this forum run, and Java helps you play internet games. Choose either Java or Javascript.
That's also wrong! Java is a fully fledged programming language that can be used from everything for internet games (though most of those are flash, not Java) right the way to full scale enterprise solutions.

If you want Java, I'd recommend getting a good book such as "Objects first with Java", and follow that through. It'll teach you about Java and the basics of OO from the ground up which is what you need if you're starting out.

Javascript on the other hand isn't really a good place to start... it's not the nicest language on the block at all and the way the web is going we're really leaning to not writing any Javascript by hand but writing everything in a higher level language (such as Java) and then using automated tools such as GWT to compile it down to obfuscated Javascript.

If you want to pick a widely used, popular language that will definitely serve you well in future - go for Java.

Javascript is used in web pages for lots of things - but it's executed on the fly, so can do things like alter the content of pages dynamically (without reloading) and check the validation of forms. It's also used as a key part of AJAX which is used in lots of modern sites (think facebook chat and so forth.)

Java is something entirely different, it's an object oriented programming language that can be used to build huge applications. Google uses it a lot, most of their products are powered by Java as are all the android phones / tablets. It's a huge technology that can be applied to many areas, Java applets are often used for games (which is probably what was being referred to above) Java servlets are used as a server side language (much like PHP is used) Java ME used to be used for mobile devices - there's loads out there.

Back
Top Bottom