Making a computer.

The word VERY LARGE reminds me of the EDSAC. Sigh...

Anyways, I am going to buy the CPU, so skip the design talk, please

Wasnt the first Apple computer made by a bunch of college dropouts?
Anyways, Im not doing this alone.
And Like I said, I know the things I am about to encounter.

alright. well one thing is certain: you cannot hand make any of the parts, maybe with the exception of the case.

even wozniak and jobs contacted manufactuers to produce their apple computer kits

alright. well one thing is certain: you cannot hand make any of the parts, maybe with the exception of the case.

even wozniak and jobs contacted manufactuers to produce their apple computer kits

I cant? and how can you be right 100%?

RAM is probably not too difficult. Solder on the NAND chips to a silicon stick then map your interface.

Your right. Ram is probably the easiest.

sorry bub, but i think you are asking the wrong crowd

the degree of difficulty is so great that people who actually do have decades of experience and school

sorry bub, but i think you are asking the wrong crowd

the degree of difficulty is so great that people who actually do have decades of experience and school

So you have absolutely no hope for me? Your acting like I have never seen a wire in my life. I have been working with electronics, and not those basic tech ed light-up wooden figures. I mean PDA electronics, I mean making a robot, I mean fixing faults in a motherboards wiring. and all without going to college.

I think with some time, I could do this.

So you have absolutely no hope for me? Your acting like I have never seen a wire in my life. I have been working with electronics, and not those basic tech ed light-up wooden figures. I mean PDA electronics, I mean making a robot, I mean fixing faults in a motherboards wiring. and all without going to college.

I think with some time, I could do this.

good luck then man. You have more knowledge than me, can't help ya

good luck then man. You have more knowledge than me, can't help ya

Actually, you seem more knowledgeable. I mean, I am not even in high school yet (no, I am not 12, or 11, or anything below that). You pointed out everything I need to know. Thank you :D

Coquitlam has a different grade level >> grade 9 isnt even high school

Also, I am thinking right now on a name and casing design. I dont care about modern or anything.
Plus, the OS is boggling me too.

oh of course. But I think everyone has the idea of a computer like we use. My understanding here is that what you will have assembled after all this labor will most not likely be running a copy of windows and playing Crysis, lol.

I have an understanding of what you are looking to do and I do believe it is possible, but the problem I forsee is obtaining resources. In such a mass-production market, how does one obtain a single unit of a necessary item? A printed circuit board, for instance. It's impossible to layer your own wafers without a machine.

On the other hand. Before there were machines to make machines, who built the first. It had to be possible. What the first handbuilt was, I'm not sure. Do a bit of googling and see what you can come up with on the first hand built comp and moreover, how it was done and if any blueprints were salvaged or digi-copied.

Back
Top Bottom