Making a computer.

ohm55

In Runtime
No, I dont mean buying a bunch of computer parts, but making the parts themselves. Thats right, I want to actually build a true computer, right down to the soldering! I am serious about this, and I want your ideas first. Where to start, what I need, and such.

Haven't really thought that through at all have you?

Well, I know its going to be very very very tough. But hey, the harder it is, the better the experience, as I always say!

or are you commenting on lack of...?

It should be entertaining. Please do a progress thread so we can see how you are going lol

Sure thing, I cant see doing it all by myself but its worth a shot :D
...wait, are you mocking me?

Why would I be mocking you? I think it is perfectly feasible that you will be able to build a processor, hard drive, video card, mobo, RAM, CD Drive etc with nothing but your bare hands a soldering iron and a shoelace.

Sheesh, I know what Im encountering through making a pc. I am not a complete idiot. And why would I need a shoelace?

Uhh...That's typical Lowndsey.

Anyways

How do you mean a "computer". In the sense like a fully functioning home PC, or a basic "if 1, then xxx" circuit? Radioshack used to (may still in the back) have kits for building these types of things. Processors nowadays (as you probably know) run on an architecture based in nanometers - Which is impossible by human hands.

Not to be a deterrent. Shoot for the stars, but know there are boundaries or shades of grey.

Processors nowadays (as you probably know) run on an architecture based in nanometers - Which is impossible by human hands.

Oh, I know the Architechture. I am planning on skipping the hardest parts of the building -my personal maximum is 2- yet everything else is going to be made from scratch.

...Typical Lownsdey?

Back
Top Bottom