new to computers OS question

lemke254

Baseband Member
im currently building my first computer and im in the process of looking for an OS. I want windows 7 but im confused with buying it. im looking at getting home premium and when i look for it, there are so many options. my question is what do i buy for the first installation? and what are the upgrade and system builder versions?

edit: not new to comps but i am new to custom comps

im currently building my first computer and im in the process of looking for an OS. I want windows 7 but im confused with buying it. im looking at getting home premium and when i look for it, there are so many options. my question is what do i buy for the first installation? and what are the upgrade and system builder versions?

edit: not new to comps but i am new to custom comps

Upgrade versions will only work when you have the appropriate version of Vista already installed. System builder versions can be installed on a new system or a system without an operating system (formatted HDD).

so system builders is the way to go since its cheaper?
is it still a full version?

Yes, it's still a full version, it just doesn't come with any documentation or free support. Although when you have Google, you really don't need fancy documentation.

Back
Top Bottom