CF wiki

Well, to start with we really need a mediawiki (or similar) instance available that members can navigate to and enter pages of their own accord. Once that's done if enough people contribute it should take off... :)

That's the way i'd recommend it get going. We'll just get the ball rolling and contribute to it gradually, before it goes public.

Right, well as they say - if you want something done, sometimes you have to do it yourself ;)

So - would anyone be for / against (asking David in particular here) if I went ahead and set up such a wiki? I'd be sure to clearly link back to the forums so as not to detract traffic away from here, and try to do it "properly" (proper domain name with a proper instance, not some unreliable free site with adverts left right and centre.)

The way I'd see it going would be that it'd be a subdomain on my existing site while it started with a few select users writing a few articles, commenting and helping to improve it. When we felt it was ready, I'd register an appropriate domain name, transfer it across and it'd then go live (there's no point making a huge announcement about an empty wiki!)

I've got a couple of spare days coming up hopefully, so if the answer is yes I should be able to get something up and running fairly quickly.

I Have some spare time too,so maybe if you want to take care of the software i can take care of maybe graphics and writing some tut's?

Also i think it should be a subdomain of this (E.g wiki.computerforums.org).

Also i think it should be a subdomain of this (E.g wiki.computerforums.org).
I agree, but I'd need David to sort that bit out :)

I'll set up an instance over the next couple of days or so and hopefully we can go from there!

Neodude, I've PMed you with a few brief details - it'd be great if you could handle the graphical side of things :)

When we've got an instance up that looks CF-ish and seems to work ok, I'll PM a few people who have shown an interest and hopefully we can get a few decent articles up there before going live!

Back
Top Bottom