Please help me find a proccessor

I think your underestimating the 9600. It's pretty good...

Red faction guerrilla

And how do i check for drivers again?

I know what the 9600 is capable of.

It still cant max everything.
Bump textures and physics to medium. Should help. IIRC, GTA4 is fairly CPU intensive.

EDIT: what framerate do you get in red faction?

still need a resolution....

I'm gonna load it up right now

1440x900... maybe I should turn that down a bit

I don't really have a way of finding out my framerate. It's ok when i'm just wandering around mars, but when i destroy buildings, it plummets. Hopefully you've heard of the game so you know what i'm talking about.

Unfortunately, RFG has very basic setting: anti-aliasing, resolution, shadow detail, motion blur, ambient occlusion, depth of field (what is that?), particle detail, and sun shafts. Everything is set to low or off except motion blur.

oh, hold on

oh damn, i uninstalled fraps a while ago. Can i use hypercam to do that?

not that I know of...

fraps works well, so I guess just reinstall it. (is that an issue?)

I have no idea about RFG.... capture the framerate and see... this is kinda weird. perhaps monitor CPU usage while the game is running? this could show where the issue lies.

it's 98% even when just in the menu. I don't know why, but whatever. guess I just have to deal with it.

Then you are CPU bottlenecked. You could have any video card and performance would be about the same...

What is the CPU usage when at the desktop doing nothing? you could have background processes eating it up.

Back
Top Bottom