Re-Installing Vista

SonicMonkey

Beta member
I have made a silly mistake. For some reason, I completely wiped my hard drive and replaced Vista with Linux Mint 7. Not that this is a really bad thing, Linux is working great for me! It's just that I'd like to install some programs that I used to use up until I got rid of Vista on this computer (Flash, Photoshop, and, most importantly, games). Now, I have the serial number that I can use (on the computer's case, it came with Vista on it, you see) so that point isn't an issue. I've found a site that gives me a Recovery Disc image (I think the site was neosmart.net), but it won't let me install ("can't find install.wim"). Here's the question: how or where can I find a way to re-install Vista 32 bit back onto this machine, or is there just an error with that one image?

You made find yourself out of luck if you haven't got an original recovery disk - have you got one lying around? Not one that you've download from a site, a DVD that came with the computer or one you made shortly after purchasing.

The only recovery discs have are for my other computer, which I recently upgraded to Windows 7. Those don't work, though.

Recovery discs that are meant for other PCs will not work in yours. You would have to get the actual installation disc, perhaps one from the same site you got the other image. So if you have a Windows Vista installation disc, you can use your product key.

Back
Top Bottom