Apple Cinema Display or something better?

I've been wanting to pick up a new display and sort of streamline my desktop area. I'm thinking of doing away with my Desktop PC and running my MacBook Pro in a docked mode instead. The idea is to replace my current 22", 19" monitor setup to clear some workspace on the desktop. The whole gaming PC was fun but I'm getting sick of the noise and rarley game on it anymore. So I've been looking at the Apple 24" Cinema Display here as a replacement display.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB382LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA5OQ&mco=MTA4MzU1MzE

Before I buy I want to see if there are any other displays in the same price range I should check out. About the only complaints I've seen from this display regard the glossy screen in high light situations. I'll be using it in my computer room which stays pretty low lite so it shouldn't be a concern. I was on Newegg but didn't see a whole lot of selection with the LED screens.

Well I'm looking for a high quality monitor.

That display uses a cheap LCD TN Panel vs the Apple LED TFT panel. Another selling point to me is the fact that the Apple Display has 3 USB ports built in as well as the iSight camera. Don't really care about the speakers although I hear that the Apple ones are actually pretty good for a monitor.

Thanks though if I was interested in a cheap gaming monitor that's probably what I'd pick up. I'm not interested something used for gaming. It will mainly be used for web design and development projects.

I've never really cared for Apple's displays... Yes the picture is good, but even the old CRT's I have render colors better.

Unless you are doing graphic design, photo, or video editing for your job, I'd get a cheaper one.

BTW hanns G 28 inch looks really good once you get it calibrated right.

Back
Top Bottom