Is it possible to use a laptop screen (seperate from the mobo) as desktop monitor?

Skittastic

Beta member
I entirely disasembled my Toshiba P200 laptop, which I had no use for anymore, and removed the screen from the other half of the case. Is there anyway to utilize the screen as a desktop monitor? I don't have any concern for getting the mic or webcam to work, only the backlight and display. Essentially, is there any way to hook up a laptop screen (seperate from its mobo) and connect it through a VGA, DVI, or HDMI cable to a desktop?
Thanks for the help.

Quick answer, sometimes. Usually no.

It just depends on if you can find the appropriate adapter. Sometimes eBay has such things.

You can't. You'd have to know about soldering and modding the wires to fit it..but then, you still need a power source. Best bet is to get a used screen. If you have time to do that and know how, then it'd be a fun experiment, other than that...it's not worth the hassle really.

You could always use it as a network monitor.... but you would have to use the laptop mobo too...

It would work well with a tablet mod, but not for gaming. There will be high latencies.

Back
Top Bottom