Interesting eBay ad

epicfail.jpg

Sweet! I'll go ahead and sell my iBook box. It's in pristine condition, only used once to remove the contents.

I couldn't bare to throw it out. It's such a nice box. It even has a handle. I figured I could use it one day for a case mod ^_^

Sweet! I'll go ahead and sell my iBook box. It's in pristine condition, only used once to remove the contents.

I couldn't bare to throw it out. It's such a nice box. It even has a handle. I figured I could use it one day for a case mod ^_^

Let me tell you...if you pick a Pico-ITX board, PSU that's small enough or even an AC adapter and a HDD, you really could have a PC in there.

Let me tell you...if you pick a Pico-ITX board, PSU that's small enough or even an AC adapter and a HDD, you really could have a PC in there.
I already got a Mini-ITX board, laptop hard drive, IDE adapter, laptop CD drive adapter, laptop CD drive, and a Micro-ATX PSU. I use them for various projects.

The iBook box is can fit a mid-tower ATX PC no problem.

I decided to watch that auction just out of curiosity. Looked at it today and somebody actually bought that lol. I did see that the auction was from New York City so I have a good idea of what's going on here.

Just a guess but it's for a scam setup. I work in the trucking industry and this is really popular. They'll take a box like that and fill it with some bricks then go around and try and hustle it off for a few hundred. A guy I work with had some guy going around selling "Dell Laptops" real cheap. He bought one for like $150 thinking he got a steal until he went to open it and there were like 4 bricks in the box. Just a guess but I'd say it's the same idea with this box.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;1007325 said:
I decided to watch that auction just out of curiosity. Looked at it today and somebody actually bought that lol. I did see that the auction was from New York City so I have a good idea of what's going on here.

Just a guess but it's for a scam setup. I work in the trucking industry and this is really popular. They'll take a box like that and fill it with some bricks then go around and try and hustle it off for a few hundred. A guy I work with had some guy going around selling "Dell Laptops" real cheap. He bought one for like $150 thinking he got a steal until he went to open it and there were like 4 bricks in the box. Just a guess but I'd say it's the same idea with this box.
That's unfortunate that people do that, which is exactly why you need to be careful what you buy and who you buy it from these days. They catch you off guard and you get screwed.

You just have to remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Lol, that's just too funny "Empty Box Only" HAHA! Some people these days are just desperate for money.

Back
Top Bottom