I've jumped ship

I'm still sticking to IE8. I like both FF and Chrome, but I tend to just stick to one browser.

Whenever I've encountered a problem with firefox crashing / behaving oddly or slowly it hasn't actually been firefox's fault. It's far more likely to be one of the add-ons you've got installed, the quicktime add on is a bit of a notorious one for instance and the skype one always used to cause some sites to crash firefox entirely for me (hotmail for instance.) So if you are having troubles, I'd recommend running firefox in safe mode (that's firefox's safe mode not window's!) and seeing if they're solved. If they are then disable the add-ons one by one until you find the cluprit.

Then smash it with a hammer.

I like both Chrome and firefox, but when you're developing using GWT / AJAX / javascript in general, firebug is an absolute must have. Imacros is also a great little app, and there's a few others as well. Chrome will get there - but since firefox has been around for many years longer, its add-on base is inevitably far bigger.

In Firefox, if you do about:config, you can get a whole bunch of hidden options that you can change by double clicking it...helps a lot to tweak the sucker!

I use opera for a lot of stuff now. Firefox 3.6 is my main browser then chrome but sometimes certain sites get messed up mainly youtube videos screw up part way through playing and they will not work right in ff, chrome or ie but they end up working just fine in opera.

It seems opera have been forgotten by many people now but it is a fantastic browser

I'm still on FF 3.5.7, hopefully when it finally does upgrade to 3.6 I don't see the issues stated. I like FF and have been using it for quite a while now.

Back
Top Bottom