Random Chit Chat

I only notice it in things like sports where there is high contrast from the lighting. The people look kind of blurry.

I was telling my cousin that I am going to get a HDTV, but he keeps telling me that 60Hz just isn't worth it, especially if I plan to play games on it. However, other people told me that consoles only go up to 60Hz. I only plan on playing games on it, and once in awhile a DVD/Blu-Ray. Shouldn't 60Hz be enough for me?

Yes. Unless you desire to "have the best" or you are looking to get futureproof'd in the HD department, 60Hz should suffice.

I never settle for the best when purchasing things, I would become broke and in debt so fast.
I guess I will just go and get the EX400 whenever I see it in stores. I actually got my parents approval to get one. So after this upcoming Sunday (FEB 14), I will get a stand, and rearrange my room to make it fit.

I'd hold off and see how other buyers react to it first. Give Sony some time to work out any problems the television might encounter. It hasn't had time to fully mature.

A couple of weeks. Until the reviews start flowing in.

That's exactly why I've long since been a fan of "last year's" products. In all departments. Never bought a brand new vehicle (no one in my family ever has...ever), never bought a brand new computer component (always settle for the almost-as-good-and-way-cheaper older stuff), never bought a brand new TV (again, as in "newest" model). A) It saves money, B) There's usually minimal difference in performance, C) You get to read tons of reviews on the product before you purchase. Something that's hard to do if you always buy the latest and greatest. I would be so broke if I always wanted the newest model. I mean, for gosh sakes, look how long it took me to buy a dang xbox. I mean, I could have bought one forever ago, but I'm a conscious buyer. It takes a lot of research for me to shell out money on something.

Yeah, that's usually what I do, however, I like this EX400 series better than the S series, it's about $70-80 difference.
Couldn't I go to a Sony Style store and ask if I could try the HDTV if they have on display? That's where I plan to go get it.
If not, then I'll probably wait till I could find a couple to few reviews about it. The thing is, this will be my first HDTV, so my expectations won't be that high as compared to those that wants the latest and best.

Should have went with the Sony BRAVIA XBR KDL-32XBR9. Saw it on Amazon.com at $599.99 a few days ago.

Back
Top Bottom