GeekSquad Fails Computer Repair Test

cquinndesign

Baseband Member
Did you guys see this video about GeekSquad, these people are horrible, they are under qualified and have no idea what they are doing. Even the sales people are bad, I once heard a sales rep. tell a customer that more hard drive space equals a faster computer.

Heres the scenario, a few weeks ago Best Buy had a laptop on sale. In the store, next to the laptop that was in the Weekly Ad, there was another laptop, completely identical to the one on sale, except the laptop on sale had a 160gb hard drive, and the laptop not on sale had a 320gb hard drive.

The price for the laptop on sale was $399.99, and the identical (minus hard drive) laptop not on sale was $549.99.

The customer, actually customers, because they were an old couple, asked the Best Buy sales rep "Why should I buy this one if its $150 more, whats the difference" The sales rep. replies, "This one has double the hard drive space", customer replies "Why would I need that?" Best Buy Sales Rep "Well, because this computer is faster because it has a bigger hard drive"

I didn't want to interrupt, I was actually surfing the net on another laptop three spaces away doing a product comparison on two video cards, which I actually found it cheaper on another site, so I left best buy. I felt horrible, I hope those old people didn't buy that laptop based on what the under qualified best buy sales rep. said!

Anyway, enough chit-chat, here is the video. Just goes to show you, people are taking a stand.

GeekSquad fails computer repair test

Mm, it depends who they hire though. I mean, Geek Squad, if it has the best employees, could be amazing, but seeing as a lot of idiots are out there trying to rip people off; it goes to show how bad it can be

I would have done it in front of the tech, then proceeded to use the laptops on display to show them the great lappies at TD and NE.

Aussi, this video is old news, lol. Let me see if I can find another one where they used (I think) SkyNet technology on a laptop.

EDIT: Fail, lol. It was on a website called SkyNews. SkyNet is from the Terminator series, lmfao.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...g-Into-Personal-Files/Article/200907315343387

It gets intense.

I've seen this video before. Sounds like the one best buy store's geek squad tried to rip them off, probably because a woman brought the computer in.

That's a shame, too. I know some girls that are real good with computers. A lot of people think that they have no clue what they are doing and are completely clueless when it comes to anything other than an Ipod. And though that may be true for some, it's not a fair generalization to make. It's like men and cooking, we all know how that goes?

But a hot girl + a nice rig = WIN.

That's a shame, too. I know some girls that are real good with computers. A lot of people think that they have no clue what they are doing and are completely clueless when it comes to anything other than an Ipod. And though that may be true for some, it's not a fair generalization to make. It's like men and cooking, we all know how that goes?

But a hot girl + a nice rig = WIN.

I've heard of a hot girl having a nice rack, but a rig? Surely not :p :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom