Gallery: Cases

i like the way it looks, and would fit my 1200 well. though what dont you like about it?

i do like the power switchs on it though.

Grantofhell said:
The Noise Isolator Fan Controller is infact a good looking unit and can control 6 fans between 3 channels (2 fans per channel). It can support 20W of power per channel. It does use Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) for controlling, but it executes poorly and causes motor noises. The power stepping is great though. The fan controlling part of this device is best used with low power fans - It does great with my Yate Loon. But causes noises and even cuts off when controlling my AeroCool Turbine 3k. And makes HORRIBLE noises when controlling the Delta fan for exhaust which I normally leave off because it is so loud. The bright side of this device are the two latching switches. They can each support 12v at 3A to make 36W of power. It uses a female floppy 4-pin to female 4-pin molex to power the device. I simply hooked on up to my CCFL harness and controlled my cathodes and the other to the exhaust fan so I can turn it on or off with ease. This is one of those analog controllers that does not fully power the fans on system boot so major + from me for that.
NOTE: This device comes with two 3pin (but only two wire) 6 inch extensions that are not sleeved. It also comes with only ONE of the adapters requires to power devices from the switches. Luckily I have some male 4-pin to female 4-pin that my Corsair came with which are similar to what the controller uses. Overall, for 30 dollars, it was not worth it for me as I already have a switch for my cathodes and I can control fans through the board. But it is nice to not have all my fans go to 100% at boot and have access to my most powerful fan and lighting at the front instead of reaching to the back or using SpeedFan which takes considerable time to initiate.

Kind of an annoyance, but it'll grow on me. Just takes time I suppose.

Yeah, we both have a black/silver Turbine 3k. It's a great case fan. I just don't see it applicable where you put yours. They don't have high static pressure at all.

Back
Top Bottom