Are you a grammar bully?

However, since you pointed this out, I shall attempt to bully myself into good grammar for the time being.
Relax, it was a joke ;)

I'm ok with things like that - what I do have a problem with however is if poelpe ues cmolptetly mcuked up sepillng & typ in txt spk. I also get a bit annoyed with people on here that use really really long sentences and sometimes even paragraphs without any form of punctuation at all and by the way why do we need punctuation and this and that and the other and while your at it can i have this and what about that?

I also get a bit annoyed when people try and play the dyslexic card as an excuse for not running a spellchecker through before posting something. I know people who are dyslexic, and not one of them has a problem with spell checking things routinely - indeed it becomes a habit!

I believe people should put a reasonable amount of effort in typing clearly and to use proper spelling and grammar. Occasional slip ups or typos are understandable. Typing in completely incomprehensible english or deliberately using text speak on the other hand, isn't.

˙ɥɔnɯ ʇɐɥʇ ʇı ƃuısn ǝʞıl ʇ,uop llıʇs ı sʎɐp ǝsǝɥʇ ʇǝu ǝɥʇ punoɹɐ ǝlqɐʇdǝɔɔɐ ʎluoɯɯoɔ sı "ʞɐǝds ɯı" ɥƃnoɥʇ uǝʌǝ ˙ƃuıllǝds puɐ ɹɐɯɯɐɹƃ ɹǝdoɹd ǝsn sʎɐʍlɐ oʇ ʎɹʇ ı
˙ɯɐ ı sǝʎ 'sǝʎ

When you do stuff like that you seem like a prick. You need to just ignore things sometimes. Be a good example, and use proper grammar yourself, but don't go correcting other people.

The only thing that really bugs me is when people intentionally spell words wrong. "Da, dat, r, u, ur, ya," stuff like that.

The only thing that really bugs me is when people intentionally spell words wrong. "Da, dat, r, u, ur, ya," stuff like that.
Sometimes you have to use those, but I don't throw them into regular talk. Unless I'm trying to sound Jamaican, then I might say, "Ya man, what you doin with dat?
Or I use, "da" when I say, "Get to DA CHOPPA!"

I talk the way i type. so, i dont usually type with U for you or w.e

though i do use acronyms in typing/txting

and i could care less about the little things like "," "." or capitalizing the first word in a sentense unless its a proper noun.

IF someone cant deal with the fact that 90% of the interwebs dont use proper gamer, i say GTFO the interwebs lol

and to me, i dont care if it makes me sound "stupid" because obviously im not "stupid" because i have my own personal goals that i have achieved that speak for myself. and also i have no need to sound "smart", if i cant help someone i dont post or dont try to help, i only help someone if i know i can. there is no sense in having an ego trip online.

i say lol (lull) and gtfo (git-a-foe) and stfu (stuff-ooh) in vocal communication (but only with my close friends and fellow children of the tubes)

^ yup. lol

I tend to use proper grammar but I slip up sometimes. But I love using lolcat when I'm writing papers for my teachers.

Back
Top Bottom