XP Mode in Windows 7?

Remeniz

Fully Optimized
Does anyone have first had experience of this? I meaning running a proper application.

I'm thinking about the upgrade to Windows 7 Pro 64 bit but I have a lot of software that I use in XP Pro. First I would try it out on my Internet install...

I've tried it and it works good! You can even run XP applcations from Windows 7...having the Windows XP theme and the same engine. You can have both OSes run together.

Only thing is that the thread would belong to the Software section :D

Seriously works great! The XP mode in Vista was sketchy, but I have no problems running XP mode in windows 7.

I do computer repair and everyone so far (about 30 customers) that I have upgraded from windows xp to windows 7 have not complained one bit!

Thats good then! I'll have to jump boat from XP soon I think

It sucks that you have to pay the extra money for Ultimate to get XP compatibility when all versions of Vista had it.

That's their leverage. XP was a gold mine, but everyone already owns it! so they needed something that was as good as XP but new so they could make money all over. Vista was the product of them rushing too much. Se7en was the "fix" to Vista while still striking for the goal of "making it as good as XP" So they put out XP mode but really as a program and not just a "compatibility mode" like Vista. XP mode actually runs in a window, inside the Se7en environment. But to make money they only put it on the high end versions. They don't want their point of leverage (The gold-mine which is XP) to be cheap.

Back
Top Bottom