Google Chrome OS

I tried it (ran it from a flash drive). I thought it was pretty cool for a stripped down OS for web surfing and checking email. One kinda cool thing about it was the fact that you can log into it using your gmail account login information.

Here some nice features about the google Chrome,Google Chrome aims to improve security, speed, and stability. There are extensive differences from its peers in Chrome's minimalistic user interface,which is atypical of modern web browsers.Chrome's strength is its application performance and JavaScript processing speed, both of which were independently verified by multiple websites to be the swiftest amongst the major browsers of its time.However, with the advent of WebKit's Squirrelfish Extreme and Mozilla's TraceMonkey JavaScript engines, Chrome's JavaScript execution performance has been found to be slower.Many of Chrome's unique features had been previously announced by other browser developers, but Google was the first to implement and publicly release them. For example, its most prominent graphical user interface (GUI) innovation, the merging of the address bar and search bar (the Omnibox) was first announced by Mozilla in September 2008 as a planned feature for Firefox.Chrome was assembled from 26 different code libraries from Google and others from third parties such as Netscape.

I think it is one of the best alternative OS's out there in terms of a stipped down system for netbooks. I actuallythink that this OS is going to revolutionize the OS industry, people are considering the fact that in the future google may go into the major OS industry and comete with windows linux and apple, also this is bringing in the idea of "cloud based" oporating systems, I've also heard rumors that Apple is considering following that model and making their OS more cloud based.

Here some nice features about the google Chrome ...(snip)
Please stop copying directly from wikipedia, it just makes you look a tad silly. If anyone wants to look up Chromium on wikipedia they can go and do it themselves - the article you've copied from there isn't even what we're talking about here.

I've used it natively from a SSD - it's a LOT better this way than running from a flash drive or in a VM. I have to say I like it, the 6 second boot up time is flippin amazing and with the likes of Google docs and Google's online storage, I can see it taking of. Whack one on a sub-£100 netbook and I'd buy it.

I've tryied it on a VM. It was very nice. But I still think it will take a time for the clouding applications to become more complete.

Where can I get it and how big of a flash drive do you need to run it? Can you burn it to a cd and run it live off a cd?

I loaded it in VirtualBox. After discovering I had to bridge the VirtualBox internet connection to my router, it never worked. I tried to log into it, but it said my password and/or username was wrong.

Back
Top Bottom