Oldest OS you've used?

I've used Windows 3.1 and some other OS that I was too young to know what it is (probably something based off DOS or something). The earliest OS I've had on my own computer is Windows 95.

Commodore BASIC And DOS 4 (About 9,although DOS isnt quite me time,my first PC Was ANCIENT). Not too bad actually. I Had DOS Setup to automatically run a shell for me and it wasnt too bad.

I think when we bought our first PC, it had Windows 95 on it.

I think Windows 95 seems to be most of your starter OS's

Dos 2.0 in a virtual pc when I was bored and windows 1.0.

The first os I ever used was windows 3.1

Now it was a lot time ago but, I am fairly sure it was a Macintosh 512ke. (Family's first computer)

So in that case it was either System 3.2 or 4.1. Although according to the wiki it can run 6.0.8, so it could have been System 6.0.8.

Of course there was the good old dosshell xD

As someone who volunteers at a vintage computer museum, I wouldn't be able to easily list all the OS's I've used. :)

I suppose the Apple II would be the oldest thing that I actually used myself. I've seen much older stuff in operation though.

As someone who volunteers at a vintage computer museum, I wouldn't be able to easily list all the OS's I've used. :)

I suppose the Apple II would be the oldest thing that I actually used myself. I've seen much older stuff in operation though.
Vintage computer museum huh? Where is that located? I'd love to visit something like that.

Back
Top Bottom