Need a free program

winslow33

Daemon Poster
I need a free program to burn a .AVI video onto a DVD so I can watch it on a tv DVD player... So long as its free.
If anyone could recommend something id be grateful. ASAP I need that DVD done for tomorrow morning

dvdfab platinum it does all stuff like that and also copies dvds to the computer in avi aswell if you want that

edit: sorry not free. IF you have vista or 7 try windows dvd maker

What's your operating system? I think CDBurnXP will work. I think that's what it's called. But only for XP.

I'm using XP.

mikee286: I uh, "acquired" dvdfab, it doens't apear to have that option...
dude_56013: CDBurnXP says

" CDBurnerXP is not a DVD authoring application. Thus, it is only possible to burn already existing video DVD images to disc.
There are two kinds of video DVD images which CDBurnerXP can burn to disc. On the one hand, you can use a folder with SUB and VOB files, on the other hand you can burn ISO images. We'll use DVD Flick to create the former.

"
So I'm downloading DVD Flick to see if that works.
Thanks guys!

I believe if you have Vista Premium, Ultimate, or any type of Windows 7, Windows comes with Windows DVD Maker. It supports AVI.

I think you might be able to do what you are looking to do in windows live movie maker just import the avi and drag it to the storyboard and export to dvd. Windows live movie maker can be downloaded with the windows live essentials pack for free

just do this
Edit: crap WLMM only works in win7 but plain old windows movie maker might have a similar option
42414591.png

uhmm.. oops was tired and accidentally reported dude_56013's post instead of hitting the rep button. mods, disregard.
Sorry... really gotta stop pulling all nighters lol

I think CDBurnXP will work. I think that's what it's called. But only for XP.
Nope, they've shot themselves in the foot a bit with the name I agree, but it's not just for XP! Works on everything from 2k up to windows 7.

Really? I remember trying it on Vista and it said it wasn't compatible!

Edit - Are there diff. versions? I bet I was trying to use one that I used previously on XP...that could be why. It was a long time ago so I can't remember.

Back
Top Bottom