Need help! Server Won't boot

ads1

Beta member
I'm working on a Dell PowerEdge 2850. The primary partition was on the F drive and needs to be on the C drive. I used regedit.exe to change it and now the computer won't boot. When I type in my user name and password it shuts down. I tried repairing and reinstalling Server 2003 but it does not see any HDD's. Their is nothing that needs to be saved on it. What can I do?

Well when you changed this it probably f'ed over the bootloader. When running the partition manager on 03' does it recognize any hdd's

there is a good chance that the server can't see the hard drives because the SCSI controllers that host the disks are newer than the OS.

you should have had an open manage CD that came with the server you'll need to use this first and it'll load the controller drivers into memory and then tell you to put the windows CD in.

what did you use regedit for? Also why did you even try to move it to c drive? If the OS was already installed on f you should have left it, it would have worked fine. Should have just made c a primary as well. Is there any type oif raid on this thing?

Back
Top Bottom