Random Chit Chat

@ NeoDude, start a thread give us the beep codes and symptoms.

@ SniperViper, I disapprove. I almost bought that for my rig then realized it can only support .83 amps per 12v channel (10w). 10w may seem like a lot but almost no 38mm depth fans run at less than 10w if you ever decide to buy a 38mm depth. Plus touch screens and digital displays are prone to failure and nothing would suck more than it shorting out and cutting off all yours fans or destroying the fans. Buy a nicer controller or just use the mobo to control fans.

So I'm trying to upgrade my internet speed from 1.5Mbps to 7Mbps, however, Qwest said I can't because I am already in a contract and stuff. So I emailed them, and they told me my 2 year contract ended in March of last year.

So I want to try to avoid making a thread about xbox360 vs PS3 so I'll give here a shot in case anyone has an opinion. I just wanna second pair of eyes on this before I walk into something I might regret.

A few conditions
1) I hate buying games. It pisses me off that I have to pay $60 for disc with fun on it. Sweet Haysus that's ridiculous.

2) I like to go big or go home. When I say that, I mean I want the best value for my dollar, and the most features and bells/whistles I can get for a decent price.

3) Pretty much anyone I know has xbox360. I have yet to meet someone with a PS3...or someone who uses it online anyways. So, for online stuff, my friends have xbox360. However, I'm not sure who has what on here!

4) Unless I'm going for online play with friends, the only thing I'll probably play offline is Madden. I like FPS's on computer WAYYY more. Although, driving games are a toss up for me. I'll play them on console or PC. So. For the time being, assume I'm only going to play Madden (offline and online; or COD4 online with a friend).

5) Until BluRay writers for computer become cheaper, I won't use it for movies. I'm not paying $30 for a damn movie, and I'm not going to DL them and burn them because the discs are too expensive and honestly, I don't mind the quality difference.

6) I'm not a real stickler on ethernet vs. wireless. I know the Xbox doesn't come with wireless which is kind of stupid if you ask me, but whatever.

7) It pisses me off that I'd have to pay for xbox live. However, I've heard it's better than PS3 online. Opinions?

7) It'll be going in my dorm room (and it'll be taken home as well, I suppose) and will primarily be played on the 32" LCD I plan on buying coming up. It most likely will be a 720p, unless I can find a real steal on a 1080p. We'll assume, then, that it'll be 720p.

So then, here's what I'm debating over:
Tiger had the COD4 XBOX360 bundle I was thinking of getting because it seems to be the best "deal" 2 controllers, headset, and the largest HDD. However, like I said, I can play COD4 online with a pal, but I really wanna play Madden10. So it's be $400 + ~$60. Plus IDK if TD has sales tax or not. So it'd be around $460.

Otherwise, Sam's Club (of which I am a tax exempt business member) has a PS3 bundle that consists of:
250GB console
Bluetooth Remote
2 black wireless controllers
Madden 2010

All of that for $450. So essentially, the same price for what I'd want for both systems. I'm just stuck. I'm not sure which I want or if I want to pull the trigger at all. I'm obviously going to wait about 2 weeks either way because 1) I need to get my LCD first and 2) I want to see how my homework load is this semester.

I have a 360, but I barely play it. I will be getting an PS3 soon, after I get an HDTV of course.
I say look over the games that's out and upcoming, and see which one has more games that you want.

Well, my MacBook finally bit the dust. The screen doesn't light up and it won't connect to an external monitor, so I'm guessing it has something to do with the faulty NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT chips.

Made an appointment with the Apple store.

i'd say that the best system is whatever most of your friends have. its not much fun playing online without your friends. xbox 360 is going to be out for around 5 more years.

Went with a NEC monitor.
Didn't you get a Sony? The one that was all smashed on delivery? Or did you return that and then get the NEC?

i'd say that the best system is whatever most of your friends have. its not much fun playing online without your friends. xbox 360 is going to be out for around 5 more years.

Well. Okay. I've got one actual friend on XBL. A couple "acquaintances" on there too. Other than that, that's it. I've always had a PS2 controller, so when visiting this friend, the Xbox controller feels very odd. I tried COD4 and really sucked. Whereas, PS2/3 controllers are like second nature to me. Really, from what I keep reading, is that the online PLAY is the same for both (in game). The only difference is the "community" which is why people like XBL. Well, I'm not going to pay for XBL to meet friends on my xbox. That's just ridiculous. I'm not going to spend my time in the "community". I'm going to go online and maybe play a few games, and also download rosters (which I heard you have to have a gold XBL account to do? not sure; free on PSN of course). So really for me it might come down to the controller aspect. Plus, can't games be fitted for Sony's BluRay now which could enable bigger and better things? Or no?

Back
Top Bottom