Random Chit Chat

The Rent here is quite stupid. For Example say if you need to rent a house close to a TAFE (College/university) Campus,let's take liverpool for example which is about 1hr out of Sydney CBD. A Very *VERY* Basic 2 B/room granny flat will set you back $250 a week,while if you want a plain run-of-the-mill family home,you're looking at $550 a week.

The Rent here is quite stupid. For Example say if you need to rent a house close to a TAFE (College/university) Campus,let's take liverpool for example which is about 1hr out of Sydney CBD. A Very *VERY* Basic 2 B/room granny flat will set you back $250 a week,while if you want a plain run-of-the-mill family home,you're looking at $550 a week.

I know thats alot, even with the currency difference and all.

but i mean, WHY would it cost so much?

the way i see it, if you had the money to get a few places to rent out, do it monthly, and make it kinda 'cheep' and get good tenants, you could be doing pretty well off without being greedy for charging so damn much..

do i even want to know what yalls electric bills are over there? Let alone car payments...lol

I need more audio advice...
Should I buy a technics SL-500 or a gemini XL-500 II?

The technics is really old but I know their newer ones are better than the gemini. Advice?

Well, you have to account for these things:

You mentioned, the currency difference. They are using AUD.
Google said:
1 U.S. dollar = 1.13571834 Australian dollars
So, not much there.

But do you make more per week/month in <xxx> city? Normally rent is based off of the average income of a person in that particular city. To me, it would be expensive as HELL! to rent in NYC because what I would consider to be making "good money" here is absolutely nothing to someone who works in NYC.

Well, you have to account for these things:

You mentioned, the currency difference. They are using AUD.

So, not much there.

But do you make more per week/month in <xxx> city? Normally rent is based off of the average income of a person in that particular city. To me, it would be expensive as HELL! to rent in NYC because what I would consider to be making "good money" here is absolutely nothing to someone who works in NYC.

i sure hope thats why its so much, becuase you would have to make around 50k/yr just to afford to rent, and her in the USA, 50k/yr is starting to live pretty comfy..

---------------------------

http://xoxide.com/nzxt-sentry2.html

so what do you guys think?

most it would controll is 3 ish fans.
I'll figure out something for my CCFL switch.

Nope. Like I said before, I like analog fan controllers.

In other news: I need to buy a new TV for my dorm. Something smaller. Like a 32" or something that's not hard on the wallet. I'll probably make a thread soon.

i sure hope thats why its so much, becuase you would have to make around 50k/yr just to afford to rent, and her in the USA, 50k/yr is starting to live pretty comfy..

---------------------------

http://xoxide.com/nzxt-sentry2.html

so what do you guys think?

most it would controll is 3 ish fans.
I'll figure out something for my CCFL switch.

The Average wage for a full time working adult is $1200 a week which works out to be about 62k a year. (Statistics taken from the australian burea of statistics.)

Back
Top Bottom