> Options For a Mobo / CPU combo?

they dont look that small to me!!

And I dont really know how much is that going to save me? (I suppose it all depends on how much i can pick up the LCD's for)

$155 for a decent 23" screen, and would there be any more expenditure in hooking up 2 screens to one (except for obviously wall mounts and any cable) i.e any other adapters / cards??

My work area is against a wall and almost behind a door so I only have about 50 inches (give or take) of wall space total to use for monitors..

Well its less to really save money, and more so you can have ultra high resolution with peripheral vision for cheaper than buying a single ultra high-res monitor.

Its just a feature they added. You don't need wall mounts or anything. The only extra thing you would need is a $20 DAC for the third monitor.

idk, if you've never used multi-monitors before, you probably won't understand. They provide a huge productivity boost as well.

23 inch might be more suited to you.

I use a 20" + 17" together at work, i find them OK.

at home its just a 21" (viewable), I dont know which i prefer to be honest, the dual screens dont provide that much, but i think thats because all my 2nd monitor does at work is sit there keeping my emails open..

Maybe 2 17"s would be nicer than the 23". Then again it suppose it depends on investement => output.. I could stick with the 23" for a couple of months, then add another one (but I dont think I would becasue of the cost) Or I could just put a little more in and get 2 maybe 18's or 19's... Decision also might depend on what I can pick up for the price! You want to sell one of your 28's for $50??? :)

lol i just paid $300 each for them...

what model 21 inch do you have? You can probably find a second identical one and use it.

The only problem this would present is that dual-monitor gaming has the seam between the two monitors right on the middle of your fov. Its fine for some games, but fps'es take a hit because the crosshair is divided in half. It helps you aim though. :p

basically, good: flight sim, racing, sports, strategy

meh: third person

bad: fps

you need to consider what types of games you will be playing before you decide on this.

I enjoy 3rd person and 1st person...

I never do sims or racing or anything like that - and i probly wont do at all..

Im hooked on the sort of 'unreal tournament' sort of thing.... - and probly COD if / when i get into it.

Ill be leaving my computer for a while now - may be tommorow or much later till i can give you further info / answers, but thanks for your time!

Well in that case, its kinda up to you. If you can do three monitors or get used to the split, then it will be worth it for sure. If not, then just use one monitor.

just for comparison of the benefits...
crysis at 1920x1080
untitled.jpg

crysis at 3840x1080
untitled1.jpg

For me, the extra FOV is worth it (especially when online because you can see enemies that you normally wouldn't)

I take it you play that online? What about internet connection - i think ive got up to 10mb wireless connection speed - usually i get lowest about 8mb, with a average / fairly decent netgear wireless router.

Coupled with the phenom II x 4 955 and a decent mobo / graphics card (as mentioned) is there gonna be any latency?

My internet is 10mb as well, though you will want to be on the wired network for a gaming desktop.

It performs well.

I have not noticed any latency, but it kinda depends where the servers are. I take it that you are in the UK, so US servers might give you a little, but UK ones will be very snappy.

Hello again foot, I hope you dont mine me picking you're brain!

During the build ill be applying thermal paste ontop of the CPU, and ill probly put some on the old CPU, give it a little revamp before it goes. Just wondering the best way to remove the old paste from the old CPU? dont want to botch anything up

I just use a paper towel and wipe it till its clean.

What thermal paste are you gonna use? I prefer arctic silver 5.

The amount you put should be the size of a slightly large grain of rice (just in case you dont know, ive seen a few people glob it on) any more and it will impede thermal conductivity, less will cause it to not reach the edges of the cpu.

Back
Top Bottom