gaming forums?

@Vampist: No offense, that's a horrible idea. I turn 18 in 2 weeks, but I still won't change my opinion. We have a lot of really good members here who are younger than 18, and more join every day. We've already agreed that we won't create any "elite" sections. This classifies as one.

Segregating the forums doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Also, anyone can fake their birth date on a forum so it wouldn't really matter.

@Vampist: No offense, that's a horrible idea. I turn 18 in 2 weeks, but I still won't change my opinion. We have a lot of really good members here who are younger than 18, and more join every day. We've already agreed that we won't create any "elite" sections. This classifies as one.

What he said.

vampist
Have you lost your mind? This thing in the jar on my desk must be it then. Come pick it up between the hours of 9am and 5pm Mon thru Fri. Please bring a picture ID.

COPPA is a pain in the ass and costs money to set up. Phoneline, fax machine, blah blah. And all of those applications you have to verify. Incountry or out of country, you have to call and talk to mommy and daddy.
And your paperwork is subject to inspection at any given time. You better have your virtual ducks in a row or your ass is in trouble.

Having said that, the main reason here is all of the kids, young and old, are a family. Most of us have been here at least 5 years or better. I know I have.
To segregate a section off for the older kids is asking for trouble. Younger members here who feel comfortable here would feel they are getting locked out just because the big kids want to have a private place to go and play.
All ages, as far as I know, are welcome to come and stand along side every one else.
A man never stood so tall as when he bent down to help a child.
Keep the forum open.

Yes it would be "locked" for some users and guests.
Because this is a 13+ forum, so a 18+ sub-forum would need to be blocked to those who weren't of age.

Yes, I don't see whats wrong with that.

I don't see why seti is being sarcastic about it...

i dont really like the idea of an 18+ forum. noone would go onto the social lounge so those of us who are under 18 would be stuck. i do like the idea of a gaming forum though

Back
Top Bottom