upgrading cpu in laptop

darkmage1991

Solid State Member
i already did alot of research about upgrading my acer 5534 laptop it has a amd tf-20(amd k8) thats rated at 15 watts, i found out the cpu is a s1g1 that i can use any tl series cpu to upgrade...but only one thing im afraid of is the lowest watts the tl series will go to is 32 watts, i was wondering what would the over heating chance be with that much more watts. i do play games on this laptop so the cpu will be under load alot

if the over heating chance is very great is there anything i can do to help from over heating(upgrade fan?) or software?

I think there's a program called Fan Control or something....use a real fan for the laptop.

no i said im gonna put a tl series cpu in the laptop...tl series is mobile cpu's i was thinkin about either the tl-60 or the tl-64

i know its upgradable i seen on forums where they talk about step by step how they did it and how the bios has to be certain version for it to read it, says that it made a big change...im just worried about heat since i play games

thanks for all the help i downloaded fancontrol and it doesnt even read my fan, and thanks you i was wondering whant kind of thermal paste to use :) but can anyone say why fan control doesnt read my fan? btw idk if its important but im on windows 7 64bit

Back
Top Bottom