I guess failbook.com is getting sued.

I liked this whole thing if i'm honest. If you thought you had a chance of it working, to make 52k that easily aint a bad living is it.

PS. understanding this comment will probs arise questioning, will chat more when im free ((homework time))

I wonder how much he is getting sued for.

interesting question.

his response that he's posted as a note to the judge suggest that any money he made was just to keep the site going.

yet arguably he shouldn't have been making any money at all. and the money that was being made should have been going to the content owners, (especially as their hosted service was providing the content).

I'd imaging that he'd be sued for all the money that he made on ads that he'd posted, (that he's used to pay for his service). and an amount extra for damages, (damage to the fail book brand name). though I don't imagine that he'd be sued extra for trying to sell a domain at an inflated price. though a part of the judgement, (or a separate case) may involve him having to hand over the domain as the domain name is already a registered trade mark.

This brings back the Golden Arch supper Club and the hot coffee cup. I think she hit 7 digits on that lawsuit arguing that the tender nor the cup stated exactly what "HOT!" means or which degree of "HOT!" it meant. lol.

interesting question.

his response that he's posted as a note to the judge suggest that any money he made was just to keep the site going.

yet arguably he shouldn't have been making any money at all. and the money that was being made should have been going to the content owners, (especially as their hosted service was providing the content).

I'd imaging that he'd be sued for all the money that he made on ads that he'd posted, (that he's used to pay for his service). and an amount extra for damages, (damage to the fail book brand name). though I don't imagine that he'd be sued extra for trying to sell a domain at an inflated price. though a part of the judgement, (or a separate case) may involve him having to hand over the domain as the domain name is already a registered trade mark.

Yes but since the original site is user content driven wouldn't it be arguably valid to say that the content of failbooking.com is public domain? Ergo legal to place on another site such as failbook.com?

Yes but since the original site is user content driven wouldn't it be arguably valid to say that the content of failbooking.com is public domain? Ergo legal to place on another site such as failbook.com?

without reading the contracts attached to fail blog, fail blog, I can has cheeze burger or any of the other sites that are owned by this company, I think you'll find that they have roughly the same terms and conditions as most other blog sites/networks...

i.e. once you upload and use space on their server, the content is theirs.

so you can't upload a picture or text to the site, see it's the most popular and ask them for a cut of the revenue that all the traffic that your picture has driven to their site has created. -because once you upload it, it's theirs.

legally, an unenforceable contract can't be deemed to be legal anyway, which I'd imagine is the reason that they mostly talk on copyright infringement in their brief with regards their trade marks, (their name and the flaming head).

Well i suppose if he wanted to try and pull a stunt like this then he should have expected to get sued
which I'd imagine is the reason that they mostly talk on copyright infringement in their brief with regards their trade marks, (their name and the flaming head).

Depending on what jurisdiction the actual court case will take place in i would be more inclined to say that they are talking on terms of copyright infringment because the damages that they could claim for copyright infringment would be the greatest as the compensation would be paid for each piece that was copied and regardless of any profit the copyright infinger made .

Back
Top Bottom